Shuttlecock! Part XIII - Midnight is when her work begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously though, Irvine - shoot me a PM about your problems. I know some people in DC. They're all black, so I bet they have weapons and gang connections. We could have the person giving you a hard time killed.

this is so generous and open of you Dalton, offering to have people killed for me.

i'm not quite sure how to respond to such kindness.

:love:

I can't figure out what the problem is with the fridge I'm converting. It worked fine at my parents' place back in DFW, I drove it down to Austin (yes, in my truck, Mike), and then it didn't work. Makes no fucking sense.

Worst of it is we're getting a couple kegs over here for a friend's birthday tonight and I can't use the kegerator. Life is hard.

And Irvine is complaining about some sexual discrimination? Tough it up.

I can't figure out what the problem is with the fridge I'm converting. It worked fine at my parents' place back in DFW, I drove it down to Austin (yes, in my truck, Mike), and then it didn't work. Makes no fucking sense.

Worst of it is we're getting a couple kegs over here for a friend's birthday tonight and I can't use the kegerator. Life is hard.

god i miss college :cute:

Who here doesn't like Pop? I listened to Gone and Do you feel this morning on the way to work. :love:

Oh, and Irvine, I have students know know "people" as well. I've got enough street cred. to call in a favor. holla back.

I don't care what any of you bitches say, POP is fucking amazing.

i love how daring and adventurous U2 were when they made Pop. that was when they were in it for the music and they didn't care what anyone thought and they just happened to plan a gargantuan stadium tour despite the fact that they never recorded with any intention of writing an album with successful singles that would sound contemporary to the techno-kids of the late 1990s.

when i was in 8th grade, we had an end-of-the-year talent show.

not one, not two, but ALL THREE of the 8th grade bands that year played that song at the talent show. one after the other.

it was 1992.

Every red neck Utahn in a pickup truck with a sound system in it blasted that album until about '96 here.

I just listened to "Queen of the Supermarket" again. Every time I do, it's like hearing Carlin for the first time all over again.

There's no reason to skip anything on Poppycock.

That little oh-oo-whoa-oh Karen O lets out after singing "crime, crime, crime" in "Zero" gives me a hard on.

Ok, wtf is this? Last week someone ripped me a new one for skipping a few songs on the Bomb.

I skipped Playboy Mansion and Miami - are those ok to skip? :angry:

I'm due credit, boy, lots of it, so pay up.

Listen, I'm sure this is difficult for someone of your ... occupation(?) ... to understand, but all men aren't going to give you money. Tell Lance, I say hi.

On a more important note, I'm not the jealous type, but I'd trade places with Tom Brady for a few days.

no, I don't skip any of them

<-- better U2 fan than you.

I'm so ashamed of myself. I'm so not worthy of Bono. :sad:

Listen, I'm sure this is difficult for someone of your ... occupation(?) ... to understand, but all men aren't going to give you money. Tell Lance, I say hi.

BoMac's going to make an honest woman out of me, just you wait and see. Oh, and in the same vein as Irvine's statement, I'm glad you treat whores just as lousy as you'd treat anyone else. So thank you, Dalton. :love:

The soup offer was more about people waiting in line overnight, in tents, like a pack of homeless people. That sort of thing. I might be in that line, too, though. Not sure. If there's a meet-up I guess I might have to. I don't know. I just got back from Indy. I'm tired. I have tomorrow off then taping two more shows on Sunday. Why am I typing this to you all? Impy, the truck comment made me laugh. Dalton, good to know that you'll be drunk when your daughter wakes up. Irvine, sorry that you're dealing with ignorance and such. Elfa, fuck you and your country. Leah I have nothing to say to you currently. April, skip what you like. Oh, and I listened to Achtung and UF and NLOTH on the way back from Indy and all were fun to listen to on the road. Lastly, I had the top down on my car for the ride, so that was nice.

/babbling

Back
Top Bottom