Shuttlecock! Part XII - I prefer Native Cock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I don't have to wave when I'm at a U2 show. Everyone would think I was copping Bono's peace sign thing. I wave with a peace sign because I can't stick my pinky finger up and if I put three fingers up, it just confuses people.

Some skank stole the purple sharpie we were using to write numbers on peoples hands and started altering other people's numbers, making them lower. If I could have found that bitch I would have cut her. :angry:

Then some dudes who were missionaries felt like they should be able to go to the front of the line b/c they were:

a. missionaries
b. not going to respect the line. they felt that it wasn't their fault that they didn't know there was a line and spent the day in their hotel room.

I walked away. It was getting pretty heated when I did. :lol:

jesus.

i guess i'm sort of glad that i had seats for all 3 of my Vertigo shows.

my "Golden Shower" tix for DC 2 were pretty awesome, i will admit.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeemooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiies :cute: :lol:

We had to kick some elitist bitches out of line in Detroit - god, that was a cluster, because we had slept across the street overnight (Palace sucks ASS) and were told we couldn't move the line over there until 2pm. Well of course, there was another line, Palace security didn't give a crap about our line, we had to merge them and yep - usual suspects up front. I think I scanned us in for that show, I know I did for one of them. The other I didn't but we were front in the ellipse and we saw some of our line people get in and so that was cool.

i would be ever so flattered.

Awesome.

I walked away. It was getting pretty heated when I did.

Wow. I probably would have gotten so mad, I would have started crying. :lol:

I hope I don't have to wave when I'm at a U2 show. Everyone would think I was copping Bono's peace sign thing. I wave with a peace sign because I can't stick my pinky finger up and if I put three fingers up, it just confuses people.

Can you raise a fist instead? Boner Power?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeemooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiies :cute: :lol:

We had to kick some elitist bitches out of line in Detroit - god, that was a cluster, because we had slept across the street overnight (Palace sucks ASS) and were told we couldn't move the line over there until 2pm. Well of course, there was another line, Palace security didn't give a crap about our line, we had to merge them and yep - usual suspects up front. I think I scanned us in for that show, I know I did for one of them. The other I didn't but we were front in the ellipse and we saw some of our line people get in and so that was cool.

So now that you are a few years older, you understand how ridiculous this sounds yes?

Can you raise a fist instead? Boner Power?

Better yet:

STEVE HOLT!

So now that you are a few years older, you understand how ridiculous this sounds yes?

I don't think it sounds ridiculous to get upset about people trying to circumvent the system, even if it's a fan-made or "honor" system.

Or is that not what you meant?

STEVE HOLT!

If you show up in time to be first in line, you should be the first into the GA area. I don't care if it's the same people every night. I do think it's absolutely pathetic, but that's not for me to decide.

Although I do think it was funny to chuck them out for the DVD. Shuttlecock does not have attractive fans. Fact.

I had a great time at most of the shows where I had GA, the one exception being Vancouver, where I was at the back and next to one of the biggest douchebags I've ever met.

He was obnoxious, and totally picked a fight with some random woman he decided to stand right in front of, and kept telling me how he was going to a big party with the band after the show because his buddy had helped organized the band/crew's "housing" while they were staying in Vancouver. He invited me along. I politely declined.

That was a weird crowd - I had friends up against the front rail, and they said they spent most of the concert trying to avoid being crushed on the rail. It was the worst crowd I've been in for a U2 concert - I never thought it would be in Vancouver, of all places.

This was the concert where some girl begged/flirted her way onstage during "Yahweh" (no idea why Bono even relented) and then played grab-ass with Bono.

I had a great time at most of the shows where I had GA, the one exception being Vancouver, where I was at the back and next to one of the biggest douchebags I've ever met.

He was obnoxious, and totally picked a fight with some random woman he decided to stand right in front of, and kept telling me how he was going to a big party with the band after the show because his buddy had helped organized the band/crew's "housing" while they were staying in Vancouver. He invited me along. I politely declined.

That was a weird crowd - I had friends up against the front rail, and they said they spent most of the concert trying to avoid being crushed on the rail. It was the worst crowd I've been in for a U2 concert - I never thought it would be in Vancouver, of all places.

This was the concert where some girl begged/flirted her way onstage during "Yahweh" (no idea why Bono even relented) and then played grab-ass with Bono.

well, it was Canada. did you expect better?

Well, yeah!

Plus, there was a lot of pot smoke at that show. I thought it would have made for a mellower crowd, not a bunch of Canuck hooligans.

Traveling across the border was fun - when I told the border agent why I was coming into Canada, he was all "Wow! That's awesome! I'm so jealous!"

The border agent on the way back said, after hearing the reason for my trip, "You went to the concert? ..... can I call you the 'b' word?" :lol:

With all the horror stories I was hearing, I didn't even bother for GA on the last tour. Had some good seats instead. It cost more, but it worked out well.

Any seats that ever come up for me at Ticketmaster always have me directly across the arena, and that's if I'm lucky. Sat there for U2, Paul McCartney (twice), Oasis (though a lower section than the other artists). There's just no way to get decent loge tickets at Staples Center during a public sale. They seem to all be held or reserved (this is L.A. after all). Then again, for Oasis, I was trying to not pay over $45 per ticket (before fees). I think 2 + fees was about $120-125. No idea what will happen at a stadium :sigh: Should I just start being disappointed now before the actual sale?

So this is where all the sane people around here hang out. And here for the last few days I've been thinking I'm one of the only ones who thinks the amount of Bono stalking going on has been scary :shifty:

pfan, if I'm still living in the Northeast in the fall, I'll most likely be going to a Philly show instead of a NY one and will probably do GA. I've never done GA in a stadium, but I did it for three of the four shows I went to last tour, so I know how it goes and would be glad to help you out if I can.

With stadiums, I can't imagine shelling out $200 for a seat that's going to be so far away from the stage, so I doubt I'll get a seat, unless I have the chance to see a few shows and get a cheap seat some night just to see the production from far away.

Any seats that ever come up for me at Ticketmaster always have me directly across the arena, and that's if I'm lucky. Sat there for U2, Paul McCartney (twice), Oasis (though a lower section than the other artists). There's just no way to get decent loge tickets at Staples Center during a public sale. They seem to all be held or reserved. Then again, for Oasis, I was trying to not pay over $45 per ticket (before fees). I think 2 + fees was about $120-125. No idea what will happen at a stadium :sigh:

You have to wait for drops. That's when I got mine. I was to the side of the stage for my shows. Great view.

I'll be doing GA this time, though. I want to be closer.

Traveling across the border was fun - when I told the border agent why I was coming into Canada, he was all "Wow! That's awesome! I'm so jealous!"

The border agent on the way back said, after hearing the reason for my trip, "You went to the concert? ..... can I call you the 'b' word?" :lol:

i did this for the '97 Montreal PopMart show.

except the border guard on the way back was a fucking asshole and searched our car for drugs and booze.

:shifty:

I don't think it sounds ridiculous to get upset about people trying to circumvent the system, even if it's a fan-made or "honor" system.

STEVE HOLT!

Thank you, cori ! :hi5:

Ugh. Just, ugh...

I blame Bono sometimes more than I blame overeager stalker fangirls.

Maybe we need to make two shirts:

For Bono - "PLEBAns scare me"

and for us - "Bono, Stop Encouraging Them"

I spent most of yesterday trying to win tickets for that thing in Boston. Then I logged in here this morning and saw about people winning/buying their way into Friday's show and wanted to barf. Just for once could somebody else have a chance? :angry:

STEVE HOLT!

No, I've been to about a dozen shows. I've never participated in any sophomoric "honor systems" and I've never missed my place in the line.

It amuses me though to watch everyone whine and fret over their spot in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom