Shuttlecock! Part XI - We've got that swing of confidence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who I haven't talked about in a while? Katy Perry.

We should keep it that way. :yes:

I was looking at my Hutdub box set and then I realized I had the standard cd - does anyone remember if the standard cd case came with the box set or was I throwing money needlessly at them again by buying both versions? I don't recall doing that, though. :uhoh:

We should keep it that way. :yes:

I was looking at my Hutdub box set and then I realized I had the standard cd - does anyone remember if the standard cd case came with the box set or was I throwing money needlessly at them again by buying both versions? I don't recall doing that, though. :uhoh:

when you say "box set" do you mean the book thingie?

when you say "box set" do you mean the book thingie?

Yeah, it came with the book with the artwork and then the extra dvd had the stupid Vertigo banjo thingy on it.

It didn't have the standard cd with the case and the old men on a bench booklet did it? If I bought it twice I'm going to point and laugh at myself.

I'm looking at that sentence right now, realizing how little I've looked at or recall of that set and now I'm rethinking buying the box set this time. :lol:

Oh well, on it's way now!

I bought both on the last album, and will probably buy both on this. I hate having CDs that are only accessible inside some stupid giant case, as it makes it a pain to ever take anywhere, and I'm always scared I'm going to scratch the hell out of the thing just pulling it out of the case.

Plus, the standard version pretty much ALWAYs ends up looking better than the deluxe versions in regards to artwork, etc. Bands put more time in the standard editions, deluxe versions are the afterthought.

I'm going to get dressed and go to Target in a few minutes.

Then lie down, because I think I may have a fever.

: pathetic:

:hug:

I hope your fever does not detract from your enjoyment of the cock.

It never has for me, so I doubt it would interfere with martha's cock enjoyment.

There were parts of it that left me a little underwhelmed, parts of it that I really liked on first listen, and I think just two songs that made me feel "WOW" as I listened - those were NLOTH and Cedars of Lebanon. NLOTH wasn't what I was expecting, and CoL was just beautiful.

The only one I can say I don't like after one listen was I'll Go Crazy.

This album will definitely be a grower. There's a lot to like on it. I feel like my expectations came down to a reasonable level in the past few days, but I've been reading so many thoughts and opinions on the album that some of that colored my first listen.

Also, I'm still not feeling 100% and have a bit of a headache still, so it's hard to say if I'd feel differently if I felt a little perkier.

But she's forgetting that supreme bit of ass suckage: "Stand Up Referee."

Well, you do live in Utah ...

I didn't think Stand Up Comedy was all that bad. It's definitely in the bottom tier of songs so far, but I liked it better than I'll Go Crazy.

Well, I never accused Scumbo of having good taste. He likes Okkervil River, but the sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then.

There are too many songs that I can't recall after just one listen, so I'm sure my opinions will expand and change over the next days and weeks.

Oh, I also really dug Fez-Being Born. It was really interesting, in a cool way.

Band? I just like Italian dinosaur cartoons:

2zel1l1.jpg

I've been here to long to fall for such lies. You are worse than Boner himself!

I just watched the Letterman performance. Two thoughts:

1. I wasn't bowled over by the song, but by the end, it sounded better and better. Liked the energy it had.

2. Is it just me, or do Bono's shoes get more and more ridiculous each year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom