Shuttlecock! Part VIII - If God Will Serve His Shuttles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna get nuts?!

squirrel_nuts_1.jpg

Sheesh, doodz, go read LJT's article. I suck at being critical when it's with people I like and their feelings about music they love. I'm sure one of you douches could still rip him a hole, as you have no conscience.

Every time I watch that scene (which was twice, like 20 years ago), I think "Why the fuck didn't Tim Burton cast someone who doesn't look like a freak to begin with and would be believable as Bruce Wayne?" And bemoan the fact that Alec Baldwin's early career peaked a bit too late.

Baldwin would've been cool. Again, Kurt Russell would've been even better. I feel like I've thrown his name around for that too much.

And if it weren't for Lethal Weapon 2, we would've gotten Mel Gibson. Talk about ruining the re-watchability.

Wanna get nuts?!

squirrel_nuts_1.jpg

Come awn!

Russell seems a bit scruffy to me to do Bruce Wayne. Doesn't he have like permanent stubble? I know he's cleaned up in a few films but still.

Russell seems a bit scruffy to me to do Bruce Wayne. Doesn't he have like permanent stubble? I know he's cleaned up in a few films but still.

He cleaned up good for Executive Decision. I always think of him in his tux in that movie compared to Keaton in the party scene in Batman '89. Read into that what you will.

Then again, I'm the guy who thought Keaton could've pulled off Rorschach in the aborted-'90s Watchmen movie.

I'm glad to see the Shuttlecockiverse is getting back to what it does best: KNIFE CRIME jokes and movie references.

I've been replaying the Burton KNIFE CRIME to Lo Pan's head snippet for the past 45 seconds. Fucking priceless.

Kinder words have never been spoken. I assure you that when I make the following observation, it's not an attack or an accusation; rather, it is figurative.

The lyrics, in particular to "Unknown Caller," sound like the work of somebody who has no contact with the traditional creative process. It sounds like what happens when a writer never, ever steps outside of his or her inner circle, and tops that off by writing and re-writing for years upon years. I am trying to say that the lyrics (and the vocals, even, on that chant-a-thon) sound brutally out of step with reality. Again, I winced. Again, too, this is just my opinion. Could be a monster hit. As I hear it, though, what I'm talking about is what I think it all sounds like.

Also, the fact that somebody (or several people) proposed the vocal arrangement and lyrical ideas for these sections of "Unknown Caller" and were then met by, "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Absolutely!" kills me. It really, really kills me. Nobody stopped to think it over, for a minute...?

In other news, I enjoy "Fez--Being Born" quite a bit, so far. No idea why everybody in the early reviews has seemed to think that it's ultra-experimental (remember the Enoified intro to "Love and Peace," anybody?), but it does sound good, to me.

fluffer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom