Shuttlecock! Part VII - Harry Muffin and the Shuttler's Cock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the guy that has/heard the album (multiple times) says the album version of No Net is WAY better than the alt. version, and that it makes you think you're about to hear another Cockropa album.

:drool:

Also, the guy that has/heard the album (multiple times) says the album version of No Net is WAY better than the alt. version, and that it makes you think you're about to hear another Cockropa album.

:drool:

I'm not sure I trust this guy. I think No Net alt. version is pretty freaking awesome. I like it better than the preview. :up:

I should be careful not to get so excitable in this time of album virginity.

Premature smileys cannot help anyone.

I just realized I hadn't posted my thoughts on "No Net 2" yet. I only listened a couple times. The thing that made the biggest impression on me was the bridge and the "ohhhhhhhhh ohh ohhh ohhhhh" bullshit. I wish Boner didn't have to do that in every song now. That part would have worked better without it.

The song was just okay. I'm hoping the ambient version will be better. It most assuredly will. Slowed down, those verses could work well with some some Sigur Ros-y glacial guitar sweeps.

I think I may have screwed over my chances of enjoying the album version of NNOTH by listening to the alt. version so many times already. I really, really like the alt. version and, yeah, like WHA said, when I went back and listened to the preview clip of the album version something seemed off. It just felt so damn slow. Oh well. We'll see how I like it when the full thing is exposed. That's what she said.

I really have no idea what's going on in those threads started by the Aussie crowd, I swear.

It took me ages to catch up to INTHISTOWNTASTIC, but what the frell is a Tuf Bono? Why is Tuf Bono wishing ElMel happy birthday? Why must we respect him?

Haha. Tuf stands for The Unforgettable Fire. It's the favorite album amongst most of that crowd, I guess.

No. I've had enough of slowed down 'Cock. ATYCLC was enough slow 'Cock, thank you.

Different 'Cock strokes for different folks. I think those verses would work better without the generic riff and fart sound at the end of it. Think the non-bombastic parts of "Glósóli.*"

* I'm not about to convert Icelandic into Cockese.

:wave:

I just realized I hadn't posted my thoughts on "No Net 2" yet. I only listened a couple times. The thing that made the biggest impression on me was the bridge and the "ohhhhhhhhh ohh ohhh ohhhhh" bullshit. I wish Boner didn't have to do that in every song now. That part would have worked better without it.

This is pretty much my opinion of it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom