Shuttlecock! Part VI - No! Net! No Net on the Horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
big_panties1.JPG

I posted that in the last thread, is no one paying attention? :grumpy:

I noticed it the first time it was posted.

Still, since many like to chat about any and everything in here, I don't blame people for not reading through 6 pages that were made in 30 minutes time.

Back on topic, every band always says they have enough material left for a new album and they're going to go immediately back into the studio and finish it. It pretty much never happens. We'll see them again in 4 years. :wave:

I noticed it the first time it was posted.

Still, since many like to chat about any and everything in here, I don't blame people for not reading through 6 pages that were made in 30 minutes.

Back on topic, every band always says they have enough material left for a new album and they're going to go immediately back into the studio and finish it. I pretty much never happens. We'll see them again in 4 years. :wave:

oooh, look at Debby Downer here, you don't think they have another Cockropa left in them?

oooh, look at Debby Downer here, you don't think they have another Cockropa left in them?

I'm being realistic. I think we've all gotten our hopes up over our favorite bands making similar "promises" enough to know that it almost never materializes.

Weezer actually TRIED to release 3 albums in 3 years, their label straight up wouldn't let them. It sucks for fans, but the industry probably has stats and analysis up the ying yang showing the optimum amount of time between albums depending on how big a band is, etc. While we all love to think of music as art, it still is a business.

Also, ELFA, you're in today's version of my sig, you Canadian vegetarian piece of trash.

I'm being realistic. I think we've all gotten our hopes up over our favorite bands making similar "promises" enough to know that it almost never materializes.

Weezer actually TRIED to release 3 albums in 3 years, their label straight up wouldn't let them. It sucks for fans, but the industry probably has stats and analysis up the ying yang showing the optimum amount of time between albums depending on how big a band is, etc. While we all love to think of music as art, it still is a business.

Also, ELFA, you're in today's version of my sig, you Canadian vegetarian piece of trash.

Y R U So fukin negative? Damnit.

Evidence that record companies will still allow demo tapes to be released.

back then, U2 were brave and fearless and didn't care what the record company thought and released records that expressed what was on their minds and their hearts.

the proof lies in the fact that the album sucks.

back then, U2 were so brave that they released shitty albums because that was the only honest thing to do.

back then, U2 were brave and fearless and didn't care what the record company thought and released records that expressed what was on their minds and their hearts.

back then, U2 were so brave that they released shitty albums because that was the only honest thing to do.

other than the lack of cock in this post I approve :up:

Doesn't this sound like an argument Diamond would make? I'm convinced that EYKIW and FYM are alternate universes of one another.

It's full circle, really....my profile has a shout out to Scumbo, yours has one to me, and his includes us both.

KNIFE APOCALYPSE

I'd failed to mention yet how much that pleased me, as I put far more time into writing that post than I should have. I thought no one else even read it.

I'd failed to mention yet how much that pleased me, as I put far more time into writing that post than I should have. I thought no one else even read it.

Oh, I read it, and, in fact, at one point, was completely absorbed in it, as if you had constructed an alternate reality and I was an inhabitant. After the effects of that wore off, and I realized that there was but one flag, the white flag, I found that in my head, only two words were being repeated...over and over.....and over:

"KNIFE APOCALYPSE".

Oh, I read it, and, in fact, at one point, was completely absorbed in it, as if you had constructed an alternate reality and I was an inhabitant. After the effects of that wore off, and I realized that there was but one flag, the white flag, I found that in my head, only two words were being repeated...over and over.....and over:

...."KNIFE APOCALYPSE".

Knives out, guys, it's about to go down.

While I laugh at and understand the point of this....I still can't honestly say that Pop sucks. I much prefer JT, AB, War, UF, etc.....but, yeah, Pop does not suck.

Poppycock does not suck, but it pales in comparison to most Shuttlecock albums, and definitely in comparison to the versions in its accompanying tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom