Shuttlecock! Part V - Helping 'cock across the road like a little old lady

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my translated review of another song from NLOTH (you pick the song):

"As the clock rang out its midnight chime song, we circled up and prepared a listening experience paralleled with excitement. This was the U2 of the newness, and we would be getting just the one hearing and I am the fan.

________________ is a rolling rocker in the heavy styles of guitar ghosts from the far away past. Edge surfs the atomic skies and finds in himself the legendary power of mighty reverb. When he plays his solo, a mountain falls into the double trip of our revelations. Larry then hammers home the pulp with a quickening bump-thump that reminds one of Thor as he ascends to Valhalla. Adam sets the rumble tone with nimble kick-mixes in 5/8. (Someone has clearly been listening to early Hasselhof!) On the finally, Bono wears a noble cloak of silver as his voice explodes through a maze of silence. The end of the tune finds all 4 people of the band experiencing a telescope matinee, courtesy of Daniel Lanois' uncanny fine tuning."

Googly Eyes no want NFL wampum. He come back to OU to complete BCS failure trifecta.

You racist fuck.

Scalping%20engraving.jpg

He'll do it, Laz.

Here's my translated review of another song from NLOTH (you pick the song):

"As the clock rang out its midnight chime song, we circled up and prepared a listening experience paralleled with excitement. This was the U2 of the newness, and we would be getting just the one hearing and I am the fan.

________________ is a rolling rocker in the heavy styles of guitar ghosts from the far away past. Edge surfs the atomic skies and finds in himself the legendary power of mighty reverb. When he plays his solo, a mountain falls into the double trip of our revelations. Larry then hammers home the pulp with a quickening bump-thump that reminds one of Thor as he ascends to Valhalla. Adam sets the rumble tone with nimble kick-mixes in 5/8. (Someone has clearly been listening to early Hasselhof!) On the finally, Bono wears a noble cloak of silver as his voice explodes through a maze of silence. The end of the tune finds all 4 people of the band experiencing a telescope matinee, courtesy of Daniel Lanois' uncanny fine tuning."
good but not as many esl - wtf moments as the first review...

"Once the starting of the song has begun, The Edge unreveals his glorious chimes of progression, unleashing a sonic mystical dream that chokes the listener with it's good time smell. Bono then signs up for the fray with a falsetto croon that seduces the pigeons and makes hearts bump around in the sonics. Larry and Adam discuss a backbeat ergo Motown's classic days of double time howling and rum. The middle portion featuring a Brian Eno galaxy time warp of the melt, with cascading baloons of hawaiian punch exploding all over the frets."

Ha ha ha hahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

more, please.

"Songs like White as Snow and Cedars of Lebanon show that the band has clearly been watching more politically insightful television, allowing them to see the grey area in some of the world's ongoing conflicts"

"This album doesn't slowly announce its presence. It screams right in your face from the get-go, like a Base Ship that just FTL jumped into your living room."

"Magnificent limps at the beginning, like Lt. Gaeda in a footrace. But then it slowly accelerates, like a colonial fighter after Dradis contact has been made."

"I like the beginning of the album, but let's just say that the last bunch of the songs are no Final Five"

"Bono must have been drunker than Sol Tigh when he wrote that lyric"

"Lance's Mom has more sex than Ellen Tigh during fleet week" - not sure if this one belongs with the rest, but whatever.

"Magnificent limps at the beginning, like Lt. Gaeda in a footrace. But then it slowly accelerates, like a colonial fighter after Dradis contact has been made."

"I like the beginning of the album, but let's just say that the last bunch of the songs are no Final Five"

"Bono must have been drunker than Sol Tigh when he wrote that lyric"

"Lance's Mom has more sex than Ellen Tigh during fleet week" - not sure if this one belongs with the rest, but whatever.

Perfect.

"The Edge proves himself once again to be the Gaius Baltar of this quartet, with his fine shadings and deliriously crazy but brilliant choices, and we're just not sure if he's really human."

"Like the echoes of All Along the Watchtower in the season 3 finale, Fez--Being Born gives us ghostly apparitions of the 'Let me in the sound' section of Get On Your Boots".

"You can hear Bono letting his guard down during Moment of Surrender, and can imagine him removing his sunglasses as he sings, like Romo Lampkin in a vulnerable state. And just when you think the song is over, he stabs you in the ear with a yell not unlike Lampkin's favorite pen."

"You can hear Bono letting his guard down during Moment of Surrender, and can imagine him removing his sunglasses as he sings, like Romo Lampkin in a vulnerable state. And just when you think the song is over, he stabs you in the ear with a yell not unlike Lampkin's favorite pen."

That made me legitimately LOL.

That was a great little scene, by the way. I was thrilled to see Lampkin pop back up, let alone experience a moment of bad-assery courtesy of his pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom