Shuttlecock! Part IX - Squeezing out cocks of light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
We return with our ninth installment, now featuring extra pining for tracks left on the cutting room floor that no one will ever hear! Discuss the obtuse, saccharine lyricism of Boner, the ubiquitous chiming of Hedge's Gibson Coxplorer, Adam Claycourt's invaluable spoon collection, and whatever the fuck it is Harry Muffin Jr. does. Shuttlecock!

Ball Boy
Cocktober
Cock-o-war
Under a Blood Red Cock
The Unforgettable Cock
Wide Apage in Americock
The Joshua Cock
Shuttle & Bum
Achtung, Birdie
Cockropa
Poppycock
All That You Can't Leave Courtside
How to Manhandle an Atomic Serve
No Net on the Horizon

Where are all of the Shuttlecock album covers people made? I think I'll add those to the site.

Last time I posted you were in part VI I guess. Just saying hi. Nothing to do in WTHAN - NLOTH right now.

I thought we had decided on The Unforgettable Liar?

Anyway, back to the track order.

So the rumored one would have looked like this:

1. No Net on the Horizon
2. Get on Your Cocks
3. Moment of Service
4. Unknown Partner
5. Magnificock
6. Stand Up Referee
7. Every Serving Cock
8. Swing (Breathe)
9. Cock Crazy Tonight
10. Cock - Being Engorged
11. Courts of Lebanon

Hmm...I kind of like this. Is it possible that once again a last-minute change negatively messed with the flow of an album, much like ATYCLC?

Of course, we don't know what Every Broken Serve (my preferred title) sounds like beyond the descriptions we got (something mellow-electronic-bubbly?), but would that be odd in-between two rockers like Stand Up Referee and Swing?

Not really sure if that works better. You want Cock Crazy later in the album (think Cock Honey) but after the majesty of Swing? I would maybe switch those two, and then maybe switch again so Swing is #10. I think after Stand Up at #7 would probably be the best place, a fairly lightweight rocker that isn't too important. Then you go into Every Broken Serve (or White As Talcum), then track #9 (whichever one).

And I still think GOYC works as a #2. It rocks, it's not too serious. This is a slot held by Babycock, Even Better Than the Real Cock, I Still Haven't Served..., Miracle Shot, Do You Feel Cock, Elevatecock (on the preferred ATYCLC track order). How does it not fit there?

Indications seemed to be that Every Broken Serve (good call on the title) was in a similar vein to Cock Crazy Tonight, though it had a climax and an epic ending.

I think it would make sense to go after Cock Crazy Tonight and then lead into something big.

... and yet has slowed way down! Only one post since I went to bed last night.

I haven't heard anything from Amazon.co.uk about cancelling my mispriced order, and I just checked the website and my order is still listed as being at the low price. I continue to hold out hope that they'll let us take that bargain-basement error.

I would imagine that places like Best Buy will have the sets at very good sale prices the first week. Perhaps not as low as the Amazon error, but still quite low that in the event that Amazon cancels it, it will be a decent alternative.

Get On Your Cock's is about to become Shuttlecock's worst charting single in the UK since Two Rackets Bat As One. Here's to hoping this means demand will be lower for their concerts :wink:

The verse melody on Unknown Partner reminds me of the melody to The Hands That Built a Racquet.

I'm still going through my bootleg videos. I can't believe how many I have from Vertigo. Guess I just grabbed everything that was available, regardless of quality.

:crack:

I just watched the performance on the Echo Awards (never heard of them), and I think this was the best performance of GOYB yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt_uwuwDsu0

I like how they change up the little pre-recorded bit at the beginning. For the Grammys it was a bit of the tune of our anthem, for the Brit Awards it was something else, and for this one it's a bit from Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles.

Not bad, but I'm beginning to wonder if they are ever going to match the studio version. It may be one of those rare tracks, like Pride, where the regular version ends up being the best one.

And I still hate the lyrics in the background.

The intro was cool, though.

I don't mind most of the visuals. If they're going to a throwback to Zoo TV (like with Bono at the beginning), I have no problem with that, but the full lines of lyrics on the screen aren't working.

From a review someone in WTAHAN posted:

"...songs like Get On Your Boots and Stand Up Comedy (both of which pack some in-your-face Zep-like guitar crunch that don't sound out of place) deliver yet more cock-punch chapters to the continuing story."

Oh yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom