Shuttlecock! Part IX - Squeezing out cocks of light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
remember, you made that chastity vow to your father and he put a purity ring on your finger..

Ew x 1,000,000

Let's just let this be about wanting to wait for a CD and not go near any of the horrifying, general ickiness of abstinence ball/purity ring/daddy told me to save myself nonsense.

You celebrate your way, we'll celebrate ours.

Plus, it's more fun than fawning over a mediocre record.

I have no problem with the cock lyrics writing, if you find it entertaining. I'm pretty bored of it, but, it was amusing before and I'm certainly not the thread police.

But, for most of us in here, the album is far from mediocre, and, we sort of started this thread to be able to discuss the album away from the insanity of EYKIW. If you don't like it, that's great, but, a lot of us do so hopefully you have some modicum of respect for that.

I have no problem with the cock lyrics writing, if you find it entertaining. I'm pretty bored of it, but, it was amusing before and I'm certainly not the thread police.

But, for most of us in here, the album is far from mediocre, and, we sort of started this thread to be able to discuss the album away from the insanity of EYKIW. If you don't like it, that's great, but, a lot of us do so hopefully you have some modicum of respect for that.

Of course I have respect for it. Talk away, it's what I want you guys to do. I'm not writing the songs in an attempt to instigate a lollercaust. I'm doing it because I get a kick out of it and I want to finish the website. I'm not looking for everyone to concentrate on my songs rather than what Shuttlecock is up to or how many burritos Boner ate today. But as long as Laz and I are still enjoying writing these songs, I'm going to continue doing it. We're like the Lennon/McCartney of badminton.

And I thought you liked "Moment of Service."

Irishteen, I beseech thee to find us a transcript or a copy of that interview.

Did Boner say when the next album will be out?

Nope but from what he said it seemed partly finished, seeing as it has a mood and feeling apparently

He also said Winter-cock might be on it but it's not finished out

Downcourt Man is a b-side according to Adam

Shuttlecock will have a spaceship next tour

Tour is about kissing the future and fucking the past (of Badminton)

That's basically the entire interview

Of course I have respect for it. Talk away, it's what I want you guys to do. But as long as Laz and I are still enjoying writing these songs, I'm going to continue doing it. We're like the Lennon/McCartney of badminton.

Can I be Harrison? He's my favorite Beatle anyway.

Can I be Harrison? He's my favorite Beatle anyway.

Mine too. He just didn't have as many songwriting credits. Speaking of which, Laz needs to figure out what he's Vice Cock of, because it looks like shit on the site right now.

I watched the documentary about the making of the LOVE show this weekend. Brought back some great memories. I want to go back to Vegas and see it again.

Of course I have respect for it. Talk away, it's what I want you guys to do. I'm not writing the songs in an attempt to instigate a lollercaust. I'm doing it because I get a kick out of it and I want to finish the website. I'm not looking for everyone to concentrate on my songs rather than what Shuttlecock is up to or how many burritos Boner ate today. But as long as Laz and I are still enjoying writing these songs, I'm going to continue doing it. We're like the Lennon/McCartney of badminton.

And I thought you liked "Moment of Service."

I've liked a few of them, obviously. I'm sure I'll like a few more. And nobody has asked you guys to stop writing them. And, even if you construe GAF's post as a request for you to stop, well, consider the gin-soaked source.

Just finished watching that performance. Fucking epic.

I need to figure out how to get the link to that video into my favorites so I can watch it next week without managing to hear any of it.

:hmm:

Edit: Ooh, yay, I can just do the "view single post" thing and save that to my faves. Nice.

I'm going to have a whole folder of U2 stuff to check out by next Tuesday. Ha!

Harry added bongos and whatever the fuck he plays during the "Let me in the sound" part to his drumkit.

You know, is the pre-recorded piano part for Swing really necessary? I get the sequencers from Bad(minton), they help sell the song. But this is just a blistering rock track, and at least in the live format they should drop the piano and strings.

Also, anyone able to get that interview to work? I'm hearing a bunch of other random shit, en français.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom