Shuttlecock! Part IX - Squeezing out cocks of light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone saying RBI correctly would sound as weird as someone calling a piece of data "datum."

No, I drank like a fish in high school. But I didn't pick up the goddamn cigarettes until I went to college. They really do hinder my endurance. I can't run full-court basketball like I could in high school. Another sport that I could beat all of you at is tennis. I'm damn good at tennis.
tbh you could beat me at any sport. except for maybe laziness. because, you see

I hope the Mariners are better this year.

Not like they'll have to put in much effort to be better than last year, but you know.

The Twins are going to be up near the top of the AL Central. Why? Because they're the fucking Twins. They're always good. And annoying.

If this were 5 years ago, I'm sure someone would've chimed in with a "AND TWINS!" joke.

Thankfully, it is not one of those times.

The best thing about the WBC is all the commercials ESPN is running featuring A-Roid talking about all the teams he's played for along with Ichiro and others. Not exactly the right time for that. I also liked that baseball countries map on the previous page. Rangers with the most land covered? That's because they're bad ass.

Pfan, I'd appreciate "Stories for Ball Boys" added to the site. It's my first Lance's-mom-oriented Shuttlecock tune, so I have a special place for it in my heart. And my bedroom, I guess.

The best thing about the WBC is all the commercials ESPN is running featuring A-Roid talking about all the teams he's played for along with Ichiro and others. Not exactly the right time for that. I also liked that baseball countries map on the previous page. Rangers with the most land covered? That's because they're bad ass.

Pfan, I'd appreciate "Stories for Ball Boys" added to the site. It's my first Lance's-mom-oriented Shuttlecock tune, so I have a special place for it in my heart. And my bedroom, I guess.

Added. I'd also like to add a section of the site for writing credits. Something like:

"KNIFE CRIME" - Boner, NSW, LM, PFan
"Stories for Ball Boys" - Boner, Impy

P.S.: We need to create positions for the Cock Force page.

There is no love lost between Pay-Rod and Seattle.

Trust me, we in Ranger Nation aren't particularly fond of him either.

Added. I'd also like to add a section of the site for writing credits. Something like:

"KNIFE CRIME" - Boner, NSW, LM, PFan
"Stories for Ball Boys" - Boner, Impy

P.S.: We need to create positions for the Cock Force page.

I like the writing credit idea too. Cabinet positions are still needed, for sure. But it looks like everyone is over the Shuttlecockings except you, me, laz, and maybe ElMel. But who gives a shit? That's all we need in the Cock Force.

Impy, I'll ask you and hope you actually see this, since you mentioned it a while ago.

You mentioned a vinyl reissue of Achtung, Birdie this fall. Did I miss some announcement? Is a Birdie reissue happening this year?

I like the writing credit idea too. Cabinet positions are still needed, for sure. But it looks like everyone is over the Shuttlecockings except you, me, laz, and maybe ElMel. But who gives a shit? That's all we need in the Cock Force.

I'm still very much into the Shuttlecockings, even though I'm cock over heels for No Net.

Shuttlecock is significantly more interesting than WTAHAN, so I'm all for it.

For the writing credits, I'm gonna need some assistance remembering who wrote what. I know it's mostly you and Laz.

I haven't bought any of the remasters but if there's one I will spring the money for, it will be Achtung.

Considering I already have all the 80s releases on vinyl, the reissues didn't do much for me despite their exquisite packaging. They're all $25 except Cocktober, which was $19.99. Considering my inability to find Achtung, Birdie on vinyl, the reissue will be welcome. Plus if anything needs the remaster treatment, it's that album. And I'll be happier than a pig in shit with all the deluxe packaging. Also hoping the same for Cockropa.

Did anyone notice that Shuttlecock.com has shut down in preparation for the re-design?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom