Shuttlecock! Part IV - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Cock Crazy Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I looked at it once. I don't even know that I looked at the JT reissue book. But that's a different situation, because it was worth it for the remastered CD, the bonus tracks and the DVD.

Well, the thing that's keeping me from getting the remasters on vinyl for their awesome packaging is the fact that I already own them. Hell, I've purchased every 80s album twice.

So I downloaded the remastered audio for my computer/iPod/iPhone and I don't even feel bad about it.

Apparently I'm the only one who loved the Deluxe Edition book for Atomic Cock. Not what I would expect from them at all. A nice combination of the personal and the political musings from Bono, I thought Edge's statistics and drawings were thought-provoking. I also loved opening one side of the book with the Oppenheimer quote, the other with the Gandhi quote. The DVD was pretty weak though.

Also, I don't feel guilty for not having bought Get On Your Cocks when I'm planning on buying either the Deluxe set with the magazine or the book. Now if I was going to buy the rest of the album digitally then maybe (as iTunes deducts what you've already paid from the price of the album), but I'll be damned if I'm paying for that song twice with all the money I've already poured into their coffers.

Someone said a while back that it would have been cool if they released this single for free. Guess that wasn't going to happen on McCockne$$'s watch.

And the damn HTDAAC book doesn't fit in my cd cabinet, so I had to put the cd in a jewel case anyway. :angry:

Freakin' new Bruce deluxe (which was cheaper on Tower.com than the regular edition) is too big for the cd cabinet as well. :down:

There have been so many Shuttlecock reviews lately that I'm starting to wonder if a leak will happen sooner than expected now.

I'm thinking the same. Of course, in 2004, not every jackass with time to kill had a blog either, so you can't really compare it to previous releases.

Can you imagine how jealous that would make her? "Where's Impy?" "Oh he's just sharing a romantic horseback ride with Laz and they're dipping each other in..." oh, you didn't get any body chocolate.

Can you imagine how jealous that would make her? "Where's Impy?" "Oh he's just sharing a romantic horseback ride with Laz and they're dipping each other in..." oh, you didn't get any body chocolate.

I'm afraid that I prematurely blew my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run. Now I've got a bit of a mess on my hands.

It's not waiting for the album that's intolerable, it's having to witness all the repetitious, inane threads that keep getting created in WTAHAN. Hey guys, let me pose a question or make a statement that's been covered like 10 times already in various other threads. You know, because I'd rather open my fat mouth and be heard than take the time to read or look up what's already been said.

:down: :no:

It's not waiting for the album that's intolerable, it's having to witness all the repetitious, inane threads that keep getting created in WTAHAN. Hey guys, let me pose a question or make a statement that's been covered like 10 times already in various other threads. You know, because I'd rather open my fat mouth and be heard than take the time to read or look up what's already been said.

:down: :no:

25 pages of what's already been said.

should I look back to see what prompted this quote???

Watch Arrested Development.

And second-of-ly, I know you're supposed to be the "big marriage expert;" oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, your wife is dead!

One of my all-time favorite Tobias moments, right next to:

"WHO THE FUCK ATE MY HARD-BOILED EGGS?!"

I got the U2 copy of Q magazine today, apparently before anyone else in the US ... at least to hear about it on this site.

Pike Place Market news/magazine stand RULES. It rules very, very hard.

luckybonoyc8.jpg

Why is Boner so happy in this photo? Contrary to popular belief, his smile is due to his spotting a brand new Golden Corral on the waterfront.

Sorry, some of my students are arguing the significance of the shankbone on the seder plate. But we do not - not wag our genitals at one another to make a point.

"I'm not afraid of sex."

"OK, then have sex with this girl right now. Go on. Have some sex with her."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom