Shuttlecock! Part IV - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Cock Crazy Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitchfork will never write a decent review for Oasis....that said I am surprised by how positive they are being about U2 and Bono of late...

Pitchfork's fandom of Shuttlecock is evident in many of their reviews. They don't think they're perfect by any stretch, but solid and definitely influential (Boner is mentioned in almost every Radiocock review).

Here's a game of Cock. I will replace all the words to a Cock song with the word Cock and you tell me what the Cock it is.

Cock Cock Lyrics
Artist(Band):Cock

cock cock cock cock cock cock

cock cock cock cock
cock cock cock cock, cock cock
cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock, cock cock
cock cock cock cock cock cock cock
cock cock, cock cock

cock cock cock cock
cock cock, cock cock

cock cock cock

cock cock cock cock
cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock
cock cock cock cock, cock cock cock cock

cock cock cock cock
cock cock cock cock
cock cock cock cock
cock cock cock cock cock

Interestingly enough, if you tilt your head to the right and look at these lyrics it makes a pretty accurate chart of the speed and intensity pattern I use while giving the cock.

They even gave Bombcock a 6.9. Who would've thought?

And really the only criticism was that it sounded too much like Shuttlecock.

Ball Boy got an 8.3, Cocktober a 7.1, WarCock an 8.9, and Joshua Cock also an 8.9.

It's safe to say Pitchfork likes itself some of the 'Cock.

Pitchfork's fandom of Shuttlecock is evident in many of their reviews. They don't think they're perfect by any stretch, but solid and definitely influential (Boner is mentioned in almost every Radiocock review).

I know they rated all the remasters pretty well, just prior to recent months they had been quite snarky. It's just surprised me at the quick turnaround in opinion tis all...though that may just be because of the number of different writers Pitchfork uses.

Here's a game of Cock. I will replace all the words to a Cock song with the word Cock and you tell me what the Cock it is.

Cock Cock Lyrics
Artist(Band):Cock

cock cock cock cock cock cock

cock cock cock cock
cock cock, cock cock

cock cock cock cock
cock cock, cock cock

cock cock cock

cock cock cock cock
cock cock cock cock cock cock cock cock
cock cock cock cock, cock cock cock cock

cock cock cock cock
cock cock cock cock
cock cock cock cock
cock cock cock cock cock

tutti frutti?

And really the only criticism was that it sounded too much like Shuttlecock.

Ball Boy got an 8.3, Cocktober a 7.1, WarCock an 8.9, and Joshua Cock also an 8.9.

It's safe to say Pitchfork likes itself some of the 'Cock.

Surprised Joshua Cock didn't get a 10, to be honest. Some other classic remasters have been given that mark (Murmur, BTR).

Surprised Joshua Cock didn't get a 10, to be honest. Some other classic remasters have been given that mark (Murmur, BTR).

I had seen the BTR review, but not the Murmur one. They loved the live DVD on the BTR remaster, whereas they were not big fans of the Paris one on the Joshua Cock.

Great thread title, Laz. And that review is nice. I've checked out all of the early reviews so far and I am loving some of what I've read. A track I'm really looking forward to right now is White As Cock. A murder ballad? Spare guitar? Nick Cave and Springsteen comparisons? That shit sounds hot as hell.

Tell me about it.

Also, I go back to what I said before. If they gave Atomic Cock a 6.9, no way this album is getting under an 8.0. They may be so shocked by the band's return to experimentation that it could start inching (so to speak) towards 9.0.

My prediction: 8.6

I'd imagine Pitchfork's Achtung, Birdie review will be in the mid to high nines.

What would be a hilarious surprise for indie hipsters everywhere is if Pitchfork liked it more than Merriweather Post Pavilion...mass suicide of hipsters the world over.

Four weeks, people. FOUR WEEKS! We can hold off on avoiding the inevitable leaks until then. We can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom