Shuttlecock! Part III - Just the Cock and the Shuttle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
Even more continued discussion of Boner, the Hedge, Adam Claycourt, and Harry Muffin Jr, otherwise known as Shuttlecock, and their imminent new album, No Net on the Horizon.

Sexy Cocks!

The thread hadn't even hit 1,000 points. Way too be premature with the cock.

White Ass Cock is being released for that one movie next month. Can't wait.

I just looked on IMDB and that movie doesn't even have an official release date. I wonder what's up with that. I did find out, though, that it stars Natalie Portcock...which is just wonderful news for everyone involved.

Welcome to Bluth Bananas, where bananas are our business. May I interest you in a banana this day?

I'm not seeing much new album discussion, guys.

[/wet blanket]

Why is this even necessary? We're adults in here, we know what the topic is, we sometimes get off-topic, and it's a victim-less crime. This thread is on its third iteration already, which means people are obviously enjoying it. Nobody is fighting in here, nobody is sniping at each other in here. I have to believe that with the chaos going on right now over the new song/album, there have to be other threads that require wet blanketry.

I rocked Achtung Birdie for the first time in a long time on the bus to campus and then finished it just now in a walk between classes. Fanboy comment: it's still my favorite album of all time.

"Love is Badminton" still kills it. "Zoo Shuttle" is the perfect opener. "Cocktraviolet" is one of my favorite songs ever. "Who's Gonna Serve Your Nylon Birdies" sounded better than it ever has.

I liked it today more than I ever have. I guess going on a Shuttlecock hiatus for as long as I did is the cause of it.

I rocked Achtung Birdie for the first time in a long time on the bus to campus and then finished it just now in a walk between classes. Fanboy comment: it's still my favorite album of all time.

"Love is Badminton" still kills it. "Zoo Shuttle" is the perfect opener. "Cocktraviolet" is one of my favorite songs ever. "Who's Gonna Serve Your Nylon Birdies" sounded better than it ever has.

I liked it today more than I ever have. I guess going on a Shuttlecock hiatus for as long as I did is the cause of it.

While the Cock Tree is my favorite, Achtung Birdie is a fairly close second. Always thought that it was a fairly astonishing/startling album.

I don't want to speak for Bonochick, but back again to what I pointed out in the beginning.. if its mostly chatting, the thread really belongs in OOC. To the average random person that opens this thread, it appears to be a chat thread. I really don't think any of you can deny that. I totally understand the purpose of the thread, but when the discussion is just filled with cock this and cock that, it just doesn't appear to be of a musical nature.

What about when it's cock this and cock that when speaking about Shuttlecock, much like my previous post?

Achtung Birdie is my favorite as well. I remember hearing it for the first time in college and being wtf? Then, on the second listen, it just blew me away.

Achtung Birdie is, with ease, my favorite album of all-time. I'll never forget when I bought the album and listened to it for the first time, straight through, headphones on, with the liner notes in hand. I turned from a Shuttlecock fan into an obsessed Shuttlecock geek in just one day because of that album. I think it contains both Boner and The Hedge's best work, and I love all 12 songs with the entirety of my heart, soul, and racquet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom