Shuttlecock! Part III - Just the Cock and the Shuttle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so, dork time for me, and it's not Shuttlecock related, sorry.

You know how certain songs just move you beyond words? Maybe it's the lyrics, a guitar part, haunting piano, etc......well, the song that really moves me lately is "Blue Ridge Mountains" by Fleet Foxes, especially from the 2:00 mark on.....I just love it.

:reject:

You know how certain songs just move you beyond words? Maybe it's the lyrics, a guitar part, haunting piano, etc......well, the song that really moves me lately is "Blue Ridge Mountains" by Fleet Foxes, especially from the 2:00 mark on.....I just love it.

If you're talking about "Blue Balls Mountains" by Fleet Coxes, I agree. It's one of the highlights of the record for sure. It and "Tiger Mountain Badminton Song" are probably my favorites.

But neither really compare to "Drops in the Court" or "Cockynos," their two best songs.

And just to keep it Shuttlecock related, I still really think they'll be opening for Boner and the boys.

If you're talking about "Blue Balls Mountains" by Fleet Coxes, I agree. It's one of the highlights of the record for sure. It and "Tiger Mountain Badminton Song" are probably my favorites.

But neither really compare to "Drops in the Court" or "Cockynos," their two best songs.

And just to keep it Shuttlecock related, I still really think they'll be opening for Boner and the boys.

My other favorite from the album is "He Doesn't Know Cock". I am glad that I bought the EP; I like "Cockynos" a lot.

I'd stab you if I thought Fleet Coxes or Cockbow could possible end up opening for Shuttlecock as a result.

Does it move you to dance like the video I posted in the FF thread? :wink:

Nothing nerdy about being moved by music. That's my favorite section of the song as well, great stuff. :up:

A track that really moves me lately is 'Daddy's Gone' by Glasvegas. It's weird, I didn't experience anything like the song is actually about, but I think the singer did a great job getting across his message.

On topic, I finally gave Get On Your Badminton Shoes a "gym test" yesterday, and it passed with flying colors. I'll be "retesting" in another 30 mins or so. :up:

Does it move you to dance like the video I posted in the FF thread? :wink:

Nothing nerdy about being moved by music. That's my favorite section of the song as well, great stuff. :up:

A track that really moves me lately is 'Daddy's Gone' by Glasvegas. It's weird, I didn't experience anything like the song is actually about, but I think the singer did a great job getting across his message.

On topic, I finally gave Get On Your Badminton Shoes a "gym test" yesterday, and it passed with flying colors. I'll be "retesting" in another 30 mins or so. :up:

Beav would not STFU about Cockvegas for a few days, and so that pretty much guaranteed that I'd avoid them. However, now that the dust has settled, perhaps it's time to try them out.

I saw that post of that dude dancing, awesome stuff.

And, yeah, it's not nerdy I guess, but it's so much easier/common to just be snarky or argumentative on the interwebz.

This is the least active Shuttlecock has been in a given night since its inception.

I would have been here making cock jokes and ragging on Boner had I not been barhopping, which included my Rickrolling a karaoke bar.

I had no cock contributions to make last night, for I didn't even turn on my computer when I got home. I need a break from the internets now and again.

This is the least active Shuttlecock has been in a given night since its inception.

I would have been here making cock jokes and ragging on Boner had I not been barhopping, which included my Rickrolling a karaoke bar.

I know you meant to say Cockrolling, but since you were probably drunk we'll let it slide.

Never Gonna Give Cock Up FTW.

I know you meant to say Cockrolling, but since you were probably drunk we'll let it slide.

I figured calling it Cockrolling would incorrectly indicate I was at an entirely different type of bar.

I'm not sure how accurate this information is, but Wikipedia is saying that the video for Get On Your Cocks is debuting on Jan 29th.

Is this old news?

The source is from a Universal Music site in Finland.

Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom