Shuttlecock! Part 2 - No Net on the Horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the performance was awesome. And, as I said in the other thread, I find his voice breaking and cracking to be more endearing than anything else.

I don't know what was worse, Cock Jovi violating Sam Cocke's corpse on A Change Gonna Come or Garth Cocks doing both American Pie and Shout.

Actually, I do know. Cock Jovi. Garth at least looked like he was having fun.

I thought it was all fantastic. I don't feel like criticizing anybody for anything. It was an incredibly moving two hours and I am a proud American right now.

I was flipping back and forth, but saw U2's two songs. I enjoyed it all, even artists I normally do not like. It all felt very special to me and I'm glad I got to witness some of it.

Haha, yep^, I bet that's exactly what it was. I can sympathize. Fuck it, free concert.

He sang the assassination verse in Pride, yet (impromptu) changed the lyrics to COBL.

I didn't get the 'cringe' factor from the MLK thing in Pride like I thought I would, but when he was throwing "America" in there on COBL, it just sounded corny.

:shrug: Sounded fine to me. I enjoyed everything about the COBL performance. I think being corny is permissible today.

I think he sounded a little worse for the wear for COBL, but for most of Pride, I thought he sounded in good form - mostly just pleased he was hitting those high notes. He might have tired his voice out putting so much into those notes on Pride. Maybe the cold weather took its toll. Who knows?

But I seriously don't even care. It was great seeing them play again, and I really enjoyed watching the whole thing.

I thought it was all fantastic. I don't feel like criticizing anybody for anything. It was an incredibly moving two hours and I am a proud American right now.

I'm proud to be in a country where I'm free to point out the supreme suckness of Cock Jovi and his desecration of a majestic piece of music.

I'm proud to be in a country where I'm free to point out the supreme suckness of Cock Jovi and his desecration of a majestic piece of music.

Knock yourself out. :shrug: My post wasn't in response to yours.

I think this place is slowly driving me insane. And I think I've hit my limit with EYKIW.

They're analyzing pauses now. The pause between "Israeli dream" and "Palestinian dream." And what it might mean as insight into Bono's thought processes.

DEAR SWEET JESUS CHRIST, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

I think this place is slowly driving me insane. And I think I've hit my limit with EYKIW.

They're analyzing pauses now. The pause between "Israeli dream" and "Palestinian dream." And what it might mean as insight into Bono's thought processes.

Why go in there? Seriously.

Because I was having fun in the "setlist party" part of it, and most of the time it doesn't bother me. I've already given up on most of the threads in the new album forum.

There is a clock right now counting down until EYKIW official becomes a wasteland, and that clock has just about 9 hours left on it.

So I missed the inaguration stuff (football > a party for the new boss who'll be just like the old boss), if someone finds a vid online of Shuttlecock's performace, please post it.

I'm debating whether or not it's worth it to stay up tonight. I don't even know how I'd listen to the song. Is there some Internet radio stream I could use?

It's drifted over into FYM now.

Yeah, and I just said something. There's either something I'm missing about the "controversy" or I'm just tired of the overanalyzing.

Sometimes it's just the tone of a lot of the posters in the other place. Too much scolding, too much know-it-all-ism, too much asshattery in general. :down:

I'm debating whether or not it's worth it to stay up tonight. I don't even know how I'd listen to the song. Is there some Internet radio stream I could use?

pfan, do you want a link to download it? I think the link Lila sent me is just U2's performance.

If you want to hear the whole thing, I know NPR had audio stream of it live - I don't know if they have it on their site to still listen to, but it might be worth a look.

pfan, do you want a link to download it? I think the link Lila sent me is just U2's performance.

If you want to hear the whole thing, I know NPR had audio stream of it live - I don't know if they have it on their site to still listen to, but it might be worth a look.

I was talking about GOYB. I saw U2's performance today; I have HBO.

Yeah, and I just said something. There's either something I'm missing about the "controversy" or I'm just tired of the overanalyzing.

Sometimes it's just the tone of a lot of the posters in the other place. Too much scolding, too much know-it-all-ism, too much asshattery in general. :down:

Bono mentions Israel and Palestine, woo. There is no controversy. Anyone who knows anything about Bono should have expected him to mention it, and to mention both sides of it. That's what he does.

So I missed the inaguration stuff (football > a party for the new boss who'll be just like the old boss), if someone finds a vid online of Shuttlecock's performace, please post it.

Turn on HBO now if you have Comcast. It's replaying now and I guess it's still free, I don't know. I'm a subscriber so I have it anyway.

Oh, duh! I thought you were talking about the re-airing of the concert tonight on HBO. Der.

Never mind. I don't think the full song of GOYB has leaked yet. ... I'm sure we'll know when it has, as this site will crash.

Bono mentions Israel and Palestine, woo. There is no controversy. Anyone who knows anything about Bono should have expected him to mention it, and to mention both sides of it. That's what he does.

Ah yes, but he paused before mentioning Palestine! Surely there's controversy in those 2.68 seconds! And he didn't say Palestine in rehearsal ... and you know he always rehearses every single ad lib, including the Joe Biden shoutout!

What was Bono trying to say with that pregnant pause? Was he weighing the ramifications of even uttering the word "Palestine"? Was he wondering if he should throw in a snippet of sexy boots? Did he maybe - *gasp* - have to pause so he could swallow?

I mean, WHAT A POLITICAL CONUNDRUM!!!!!!

I honestly think he FORGOT what he was supposed to say next. That was what I got from the pause.

"Oh shit ... what's the name of that place Israel is bombing? Egypt? No .... um. New Orleans? Shit, I'm really in trouble .... PALESTINE! phew."

Ah yes, but he paused before mentioning Palestine! Surely there's controversy in those 2.68 seconds! And he didn't say Palestine in rehearsal ... and you know he always rehearses every single ad lib, including the Joe Biden shoutout!

What was Bono trying to say with that pregnant pause? Was he weighing the ramifications of even uttering the word "Palestine"? Was he wondering if he should throw in a snippet of sexy boots? Did he maybe - *gasp* - have to pause so he could swallow?

I mean, WHAT A POLITICAL CONUNDRUM!!!!!!

I thought I heard Palestine in the rehearsal, lol. I did find the pause a little significant but not enough to go crazy about it. I guess I don't much care what Bono thinks about politics just as long as he generally agrees with me which he most often does. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom