Shuttlecock! Part 2 - No Net on the Horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to send a poor lad the song who has an exam this morning ... I need cheerin up!

I would like to take a moment to hypothesize that because of the bridge and the chorus, this is going to be the type of a song that you will see annoying high maintenance princess type young girls flock to. Myspace profiles, beware. That or strippers in boots.

Maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me. Regardless, YAY FOR ACTUAL RAWK THAT'S NOT OVERPRODUCED TO THE POINT OF LACKING ALL EMOTION FROM SHUTTLECOCK. It's been a while since they've done much of the sort.

"Get on Your Boots (cocks)" into Modest Mouse's "Styrofoam Boots"

Doesn't really work. Fuck my iTunes library.

Wow.

If that doesn't sound like it could have been on POPPYCOCK, then I don't know what. Also, Larry already did the Zeppelin/Levee breakdown in Miami. Funny they're now embracing what they were criticizing so heavily in retrospect.

The "beautiful" chorus is lyrically trite (esp. considering the chorus of City of Blinding Cocks), but yeah...this is cool. Sonically, a big rusty trombone waving in the face of mainstream music, and if it sounds like a bit of a piss-take then even better.

Whether or not I like it will be decided in the coming days, but I can easily say there are many more interesting things in it than the entirety of HTMAAS. For that reason alone, it's a winner.

I think they were serious about branching out.

And I now know that there's no way they could have played this at the Lincoln Memorial today. People would have been fucking right there on the mall, in the streets. Too hot to handle.

SO DIRTY.

B5E6CA96.jpg
:sexywink:

Ok, 9 times through tonight is enough. Ima go to bed. Pleasant listening, Shuttlecockgobblers.

I might have this thing playing on an endless loop until I fall asleep.

I'm really loving it. The lyrics in the verses are completely off the wall, in a good way. And the Zeppelin drum break gets me every time.

That guitar is so crunchy I can't get over it. And then on the final stretch, it gets even crunchier, like frying fucking bacon.

And, as painful as it is to say this, it makes R.E.M.'s Accelerate return-to-rock look even shallower than it already did.

That guitar is so crunchy I can't get over it. And then on the final stretch, it gets even crunchier, like frying fucking bacon.

I used the same word. My roommate's cunt girlfriend asked me to explain what crunchy meant in the realm of music. She just didn't see it.

I slapped that bitch and spit some Cope in her eye.

I used the same word. My roommate's cunt girlfriend asked me to explain what crunchy meant in the realm of music. She just didn't see it.

I slapped that bitch and spit some Cope in her eye.

She needs a boot to the fucking neck.

Alright, the lyrics in that second verse about children, ice cream, and love/community/joy or whatever are a little retarded.

And whoever mentioned that bit about the "Because"-sounding part on the stretched out "You arrrreeeee...", yeah, totally sounds like George Harrison.

I've given up on making sense of the lyrics. Perhaps, in time, that will come. For now, the music kicks hella ass.

From WTAHAN:

Basically, I think it's about not worrying about terrorism or possibly even war (given that any Iraqi or Afghani could probably relate to this, too, from local terrorists or American forces), and trying to enjoy your life -- get away from it all and let go; go partying and let yourself be frivolous. ("Get on your boots")

There are no words.

The link a couple of you have sent me has been taken down. Anyone care enough to re-upload?

I'm on play #15 of Get On Your Cocks now, counting the Dave Fanning premiere. This is some really badass shit right here. The lyrics make no fucking sense whatsoever, but there's some palpable energy here, and that chorus is off the fucking chain.

Shuttlecock has returned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom