Shuttlecock IX: Romi and Miss Sil's Line Rules Disunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Typical condescending, empty comment from you.

If you have something to say, say it. I don't give a fuck about obeisance to the Interference VIP/rail huggers/line nazis, and as far as I'm concerned this thread is as much about being able to discuss the band away from those obsessive freaks as it is about filtering out the babble of the neanderthals in The Other Place with a 4th grade reading comprehension level.

And this thread is also a place where we can call someone out if we think they're being a dick for no good reason. They don't agree, other people think it's funny, fine.

Jesus, relax.

So when we make fun of each other here, it's just good-natured ribbing, but when we dare to make a joke about some Interference "celebrity", it's "being a dick"?

Nah, I don't think that meerkat joke was being a dick, which was why I said "oh lay off" instead of "stop being a dick," and I'm sorry I even bothered to comment, because it wasn't a big deal.

I kind of mean in general, since your reply to gvox was veering more towards general.

But yes, ribbing people you "know" is very different than making fun of people you obviously have disdain for. (IN GENERAL.)

Typical condescending, empty comment from you.

If you have something to say, say it. I don't give a fuck about obeisance to the Interference VIP/rail huggers/line nazis, and as far as I'm concerned this thread is as much about being able to discuss the band away from those obsessive freaks as it is about filtering out the babble of the neanderthals in The Other Place with a 4th grade reading comprehension level.

You're being a fucking dick.

Direct enough for ya? Lol

Sent from my ass crack

Fucking hell Mark isn't a line nazi or a rail hugger nor does he see himself as an Interference celebrity. We don't even line up or go front rail to every show. He's just a fan with a crazy idea :shrug:

Sent from my ass crack

You're being a fucking dick.

Direct enough for ya? Lol

Sent from my ass crack

lol

:rolleyes:

:wave:

lol

Are you unable to post anything without some smug emoji or addendum?

Don't really care if you're chummy with any of these people, online or offline. And I'd love for you to tell me how "obsessed with self-promotion" is unnecessarily mean. I'm calling it as I see it. If someone repeatedly puts themselves out there so frequently and with such enthusiasm, you invite observation and comment. And I'm not alone in my opinion.

If you care to elaborate further, please do so. Otherwise, I don't think anyone needs your defense, and its delivery isn't going to change my views or actions one bit.

Fucking hell Mark isn't a line nazi or a rail hugger nor does he see himself as an Interference celebrity. We don't even line up or go front rail to every show. He's just a fan with a crazy idea :shrug:

I wasn't describing anyone in particular as being all of these things. I was making a list of the types of superfans that inhabit The Other Place as a general point.

So much for Montreal getting an exciting sendoff on the final night. No sign of the rehearsed song mentioned earlier, and they get the ATYCLB twofer on the mini stage. :down:

lol

:wave:

lol

Are you unable to post anything without some smug emoji or addendum?

Don't really care if you're chummy with any of these people, online or offline. And I'd love for you to tell me how "obsessed with self-promotion" is unnecessarily mean. I'm calling it as I see it. If someone repeatedly puts themselves out there so frequently and with such enthusiasm, you invite observation and comment. And I'm not alone in my opinion.

If you care to elaborate further, please do so. Otherwise, I don't think anyone needs your defense, and its delivery isn't going to change my views or actions one bit.

Ok Lord Fauntleroy. And I'm the condescending smug one? Hilarious. Anyways, carry on.

Sent from my ass crack

Guys! Guys! We're One but we're not the same!

Sent from my SM-G925V using U2 Interference mobile app

same.gif

I listened to Under a Blood Red Sky on Sunday. Then I saw night four's setlist in Montreal.

Lol.

I was really angry at the beginning of the tour, but its clear this is a band thats in autopilot. If they cant be arsed, if they think stuck and elevation are special songs, they can fuck themselves. I have my albums they gave me before 2000 when they gained their American citizenship and turned into a Matchbox Twenty tribute band.

Still though, really disappointed not to see them one more time. Just not a chance on God's green earth would I pay to see/listen to Bono talk empty platitudes and sing shit songs.

That joke really couldn't be more innocuous.

My two cents on the whole discussion... If you are very much into sharing extremely personal stuff on a website (or a section of the website if you will) that has nothing to do with that sort of thing... I guess that's fine, but one should not be surprised if a certain amount of scrutiny and sarcasm come into the equation at some point. And I'm not even talking (just) about the documentary. After all, this is America (or The Internet for the laymen).

Not saying that the other side can't go too far (because it certainly can), but some are getting way too defensive over this.

Yeah but if you were friends with them IRL you'd react differently. Gvox and Cori are both friends with him.

I think the very idea of the doco is a gigantic eyeroll, but I'm hardly gonna shit all over the dude and then act surprised when his friends reply back. He got on stage, good on him (and I think a big black dude makes Bono look cooler than a line nazi or an overenthusiastic idiot with a guitar).

Apparently the "no, you are!" rebuttal didn't go over too well.

Here's the funny part about this though..what exactly is this to you? Why does this bother you so much? Were you (or puppies or farm animals) harmed in the making of the movie or the subsequent promotion of it? No. You just come off bitter or perhaps even jealous.

So you wouldn't promote your thing in a similar manner, so what? Neither would I, maybe, but that doesn't make you better. Just different.

Sent from my ass crack

I think the very idea of the doco is a gigantic eyeroll, but I'm hardly gonna shit all over the dude and then act surprised when his friends reply back. He got on stage, good on him (and I think a big black dude makes Bono look cooler than a line nazi or an overenthusiastic idiot with a guitar).

Yeah, this. I'm unlikely to ever watch the doco but far worse people have got on stage, including on the current tour.

Hey have any of you heard about when diamond got on stage? There's an obscure story!

I haven't gotten any definitive information on whether or not Diamond has been on stage. It very likely may just be a myth. We may never know.

I'll be honest, obviously I'm biased. Mark isn't just a GA line acquaintance or whatever..he's a real friend, someone I've been very close to for almost 15 yrs now. We have been through a ton, have a friendship outside of U2 and he's always had my back. He's one of the best people I've ever known.

Everyone who has ever gotten on stage had to self promote to varying levels. (Except big D , who just took that shit lol)

I don't see the movie as self promotion only. I think it's a really insightful look into a world of extreme fandom that many hardcore fans identity with, and for an even wider audience to understand or at least learn about (as opposed to the standard restraining order jokes etc)

Along the way, to tell this story he had to give up himself a bit and be a bit wacky and really let people in. And we are aware of the hilarity and ironies in the movie. It's all good fun it's not trying to be crowned the worlds #1 U2 fan. I don't think this is ridicule worthy, unless taking shots at good people is one's thing.

Sent from my ass crack

Back
Top Bottom