Shuttlecock III: Raped by Wolves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
Continue.

And now peef wishes he cobbler-blocked me on the title.

I'll just say this once, and I promise never to bring it up again.

It makes me sad to see the raped by wolves joke. Although honestly, I don't know what else the cockified version would be.

There, I'm done.

And now, let's dance.

fsgjfgh_zps8ea479bc.gif

Or, if you prefer something more dignified:

dtykdgh_zps065675de.gif

I was fine with Raised By Whores, which was a great addition to the Lance's Mom canon.

Not that this title is politically correct, either.

I can only speak for myself but my dislike of The Ballad of Joey Ramone is not an attempt to seem cool. It's just a terrible mess. It feels pasted together from a bunch of different tracks that can't make up their mind what they are.

The Fly is a great rock song. This is just confused.

The word "rape" does not in and of itself offend me and the image of someone (Bono?) being sexually assaulted by a pack of wolves is so ludicrous and bizarre that it doesn't strike me as being out of line.

The Miracle is a fairly decent song musically, but it's one of the most egregious examples of Bono overcooking lyrics.

"I woke up at the moment when the miracle occurred?" Really? You couldn't think of a pithier way to say that? This is the band's idea of a usable chorus these days.

The word "rape" does not in and of itself offend me and the image of someone (Bono?) being sexually assaulted by a pack of wolves is so ludicrous and bizarre that it doesn't strike me as being out of line.

Please let it be known I am nowhere near offended, I just felt kind of conflicted about it, because in general I don't like rape jokes* ... and yet I do like the absurdity of the image you described.

I don't want anyone to stop making the joke, I'm not going to get pissy about the thread title, I just would have hated myself if I didn't say it. So I did.

*dear god, I'm not trying to start a "rape jokes aren't funny!!!!" thing. I know they can be.

noqjase9c5udunnii3km_zps4c856895.gif

I have a few goofy ones like that on the topic I don't have much occasion to use. I'm waiting for an opportunity to use this one:

714282175318219587_zpsbefdad35.gif

Exactly. The wolves that raised the subject of the song were bitches, because bitches get stuff done. Like raising people who were raised by wolves.

You will notice I edited my post. I meant that comment as a joke, then edited because it veered a little towards seriousness.

So please don't make a big deal out of this. I didn't want it to be. Hence the gifs.

You already know where I am going with it so guess so. A woman would have every reason to not find rape funny.

Back
Top Bottom