Shuttlecock II: This is Where We Can Reach Around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw mention on Twitter that North Star eventually became Cedarwood Road. Having never really listening to the former, I have no idea if that's true.

That is absolutely not even close to true. Haha. Wow.

As mikal said, he borrows a bit of North Star's vocal melody at the end of Song For Someone. And he borrowed some of North Star's vocal melody from A Man And A Woman in the first place. Yeah, Cedarwood has nothing to do with this track.

Babyface isn't bad at all. Maybe the worst track on Zooropa, but that's the only negative thing I would say about it.

I always love Zooropa but always dislike Babyface. Not sure how the rest of the group feels about this song, but if memory serves it's more liked than not.

I adore Babyface.

Yeah, the lyrics aren't that deep but very much in keeping with the larger "consumed by technology" thematics of Zoo-TV and Zooropa.

I love the clunk of the drums juxtaposed with the toy piano keyboard sound, and Claycourt is really outstanding.

Sonically overall it's pretty great to me; there's that pop candy sounds but really so far removed from anything that was out in 1993.

A revision, I think:

Songs I like (in the order they shuffled this afternoon.:
Raised By Wolves (except for the wolf-rapist breathing)
Song for Someone (sue me, I like it)
Reach Around (you guys are fuckers for making me call it that all the time now)
Volcano
Sleep Like a Baby
The Troubles
Cedarwood Road

On the fence about:
The Miracle

Don't like:
Every Breaking Wave
Iris (sounds like an HTDAAB mish-mash outtake)
California :barf:

I like Babyface, but it's not a song I go out of my way to listen to outside of context of the album. It's probably be only Zooraper song I don't think was awesome live.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

That was awesome. I think I remember from U2's 2005 appearance on Late Night that Conan is genuinely a big fan, so good on him(and his writers).

Also, I love that they used the October cover instead more obvious covers like JT or AB, not to mention that still of Macphisto making a phone call, during the 'removing all memories of U2' part. Nice touch, makes the whole thing feel more authentic.

Seriously fuck you guys for not commenting on how cute and awesome my choice of visual representation for "Raised By Wolves" was.

Cedarwood Road is really starting to grow on me, as is the second half of Iris.

Just noticed the seagulls at the beginning of This Is Where You Can Reach Around - a pleasant touch.

Long for Some Cum feels like a chore for me to listen to at the moment - just can't really be bothered with it, which is disappointing.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

I never really noticed the breathing in Raised by Wolves. It sounds so processed that I assumed it was just an effect.

Looks like the Shuttlecock album title "Sons of Incest" was dead on:

https://twitter.com/u2_vision/status/512934171132821504

Hope they go with this cover art:

SOI.jpg

The way I see it, we pretty much have to do three things at this point. First, we have to go political. Second, we have to go powerjuice. And finally, we're going to need to go corporate.

Bono's mother telling him that he will be the death of her sounds exactly like all of my older Irish relatives. I'm quite sure my grandmother said that to 7-year-old me back in the day in between lecturing me about how I was going to go bald because I wore too many hats.

Those look like the glasses he wore on Fallon back in February. I know he's got a legitimate issue with his eyes, but I'd like it if he wore those glasses on the tour instead of the more cartoonish-looking ones he's been wearing for the past decade-and-a-half. I'm a little tired of them.

Those look like the glasses he wore on Fallon back in February. I know he's got a legitimate issue with his eyes, but I'd like it if he wore those glasses on the tour instead of the more cartoonish-looking ones he's been wearing for the past decade-and-a-half. I'm a little tired of them.
I don't think he has legitimate issues with eyes.

Back
Top Bottom