Shuttlecock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fuck, The Troubles is AMAZING.

I'm very happy with it. Two listens in. Not feeling Miracle, but I don't hate it or anything.

I just really don't care much for Volcano and Raised by Wolves so far >_>. I like the first five and then the album hits a brick wall for a minute, before ending really strong.

Opposites! It wasn't till track 6 that it really caught my interest.

h08DB50C2

Track 5 for me.

Adam's bass on Isis :dance:

Yeah, I'm not saying I dislike the first 5, they all seemed to have interesting aspects to me...but on first listen (which is innately unfair to judge any music on) they seemed to be more ballad-y/mid-tempo-y bland, and if I had to be honest, what dragged them down a little to me was the vocals. When I hear Bono singing like that, it makes me wish he'd do more interesting, crooner-type material. But the music and production of them was fine. It all seemed to come together and become more interesting, vocals included, to me on track 6.

But I'm already changing my opinion of some of the first five, so take it with a grain of salt.

I will say this, my impression of the two increased exponentially the second time I heard them. I can't wait to get home so I can hear this on my headphones.

By the power vested in me by the state of Nevada, I hereby declare Song for Someone and Iris to be boring.

I like Iris. (Although I'm embarrassed to say it took me two full listens to remember that his mom was named Iris and realize it was about his mom. Oops.)

I'm very happy right now.

Iris feels like Love Comes Tumbling's older brother.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Lots of posters crawling out of the woodwork, which is cool. Even if it's someone I don't interact with, I recognize the usernames and am all like "Hey, it's Harry Vest! He hasn't been around in a while."

:lol:

I apologize for not welcoming back the likes of Dalton and VP, I unfortunately am trying to listen to this in the midst of having a huge work project dumped in my lap so my focus is shaky at best.

After 14 years posting here today might be the most I've ever posted in a day. Maybe. Good thing I took a day off work today. *cough*

I like Iris. (Although I'm embarrassed to say it took me two full listens to remember that his mom was named Iris and realize it was about his mom. Oops.)

Better than the Goo Goo Dolls' Iris, but inferior to Live's Iris.

(Wonder what Johnny Rzeznik and Ed Kowalcyk's mothers names are)

After 14 years posting here today might be the most I've ever posted in a day. Maybe. Good thing I took a day off work today. *cough*

Between this and Destiny, I wish so badly I could have taken today off... FINALLY heading home.

Yeah, I've been thinking about how I could scam tomorrow off, even though I had a vacation week last week. My job is nutsy-coo-coo. The internet isn't outlawed at my job, I just don't have time to log on for non-work stuff, beyond maybe glancing at the weather forecast, or something.

I'm already dropping it in my revised version.

It's funny that I would never have thought of tampering with the band's track orders/outtakes before, but 2000- they've second-guessed themselves so many times I feel I'm free to do the same, starting with the idiotic last-minute reordering on ATYCLC.

None of these tracks are bad enough for me to drop, but there's no way I'm letting Invisible become another Mercy (not that it's that good, but still).

Back
Top Bottom