Shows you liked now going down the shitter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Ugly Betty - too much plot development too quickly; oh and also the constant YES TO GET MORE RATINGS WE'LL INTRODUCE MORE CELEBRITIES!

Grey's - it was better before all this Season 3 shit was going down; also Izzy is featured way too much and I can't think of any viewers who can stand Addison anymore

Mythbusters - I don't like redheaded girl and asian guy, get those idiots outta there and keep it to the two weird guys

What are your best-loved shows going to hell, blue crackers?

The Office.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's going down the shitter, but there's definitely been a decline for me.

24, but to be fair I only watched last season before this season, and apparently Day 5 was the best according to a lot of people.

I like the redheaded girl and the asian dude on Mythbusters...Jamie and Adam (the two stars) are good, but the guy and girl (their names escape me right now) have some pretty cool ideas when it comes to figuring experiments out, and variety is the spice of life after all...:up:

24 :sad: this season coming off the greatness that was season five was just too much to bear.

ER

Grey's Anatomy - just not quite the oomph its had in the past. Maybe all the attention on the show has been for the worse.

The Daily Show-Stewart has gone fucking goofy and his mannerisms are really starting to wear on me. This show was the balls from about '01-'05.

SNL-okay it hasn't been great great since about '92, but from about 98-02, Ferrell held the boat afloat and they still had some good writing.

Since Ferrell left and dare I say Fallon, whom would have been about the 10th best cast member in the early 90's, well even since he left it's tanking. Some good cast members but the writing is more hit than miss than the early 80's and there isn't a Murphy/Piscopo to bail them out. Lorne needs to overhaul, keep Samberg, Hader, Poehler, Wiig and maybe even Sudekis and fucking fire the rest, including especially the writers. Whatever happens, God dammit Darrel Hammond better be gone next year.

I still like Mythbusters but I feel the vibe you're saying.
Kari used to be hot and interesting, now she's just hot and a bit annoying. The Italian stallion likes to 'mug' too much and the Asian guy is just BORING as shit. Adam and Jamie are still great though.

Lost-predictably it has gone the path of the X-Files and any other show that couldn't answer the questions sufficiently because they strung it out too long. Destined for a crap ending. Yeah, I'll watch.

The Simpsons- I admit I haven't watched it much in 5, 6, 7 years but when I've tuned in, it's been terrible. Real bad.

The Sopranos-the last two, maybe three seasons are just on auto-pilot.

Lost, although the last few episodes have been somewhat redeeming.

I'd say 24 but people need to remember that this hasn't been the only below-average season. Since each year is a different day, there's no reason to think it won't bounce back next year, like it did in Season 5.

Mine are kind of an amalgamation of what people have said above:

1. The Office - Season 3 is almost a cartoonish version of the first two seasons; though Andy has grown on me. Steve Carrel's Michael Scott is almost a parody of himself and they have already jumped the shark on more than one occasion.

2. Seasons 6 & "7" of the Sopranos. Watching each episode of this is liking working your ass off to get a date with a super model only to find out when you get her home and the lights go out, she doesn't like sex.

3. Family Guy - I loved it in the late 90's. The shocking jokes were only once in a while, so when they hit there was a real impact. Since its return, it's like Fox completely took the reigns off and the shock jokes come fast and furious; and with a tenth of the impact. In it's first iteration of was accused of being juvenile; but that was only because people weren't looking deeper. Now, there is no deeper.

4. Survivor & The Amazing Race. Same crap, different season. Still good concepts, but they need to retool both.

5. The Apprentice. This was an excellent concept and the first & second seaons had their moments. But I have no interest in a show where looks are more valued than creativity and business acumen.

Last edited:
U2DMfan said:
The Simpsons- I admit I haven't watched it much in 5, 6, 7 years but when I've tuned in, it's been terrible. Real bad.

:yes:

I stopped watching around season 8 I think and you are right, they got considerably unfunny... We're talking Family Guy territory... :wink:

"Stupid TV... BE MORE FUNNY!"

And now they decide to make a movie??? It's at least 8 years too late...

DaveC said:
24, but to be fair I only watched last season before this season, and apparently Day 5 was the best according to a lot of people.

No, there's the first 3 seasons, and then there's everything else. Day 5 was compelling, but the first three are so much more of a race against time, the clock actually mattered.

Day 6 has been strong I think, they've managed to overcome the silliness of the nukes, and last night's episode was some classic 24 character drama, we just don't see that anymore. When he told Audrey how much he loved her I wanted to cry.

Yeah, I'm really hoping the Sopranos has something big up its sleeve, because so far this season? SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE.

1. 24
2. Family Guy
3. Simpsons
4. ER

God I wish we had Arressted Development back. I wish Deadwood was on again etc..

SNL but it's been like 15 years since it was any good, and more than that since it was GREAT so...

ER - Not that the show sucks now, but it gets worse with every member that leaves, and A LOT have come & gone...and I never got over my feelings of betrayal over Greene's death, or them making me start to like Romano before killing him off.

Ugly Betty - But when the decline comes during the first season that doesn't say much

Hmm, am I the only one who likes season 3 of The Office as much as season 2?

24 is having a down year like Day 4, did Elisha Cuthbert not appear in that season either? It would prove my "A Little Cuthbert Makes Everything Better" Rule.

The only thing Lost needs is Henry Winkler to backflip over a shark and I think it will have done everything. It would be more believable than a black cloud.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
The term is 'jumped the shark' :lol:

I know what the term is. I changed the word to fit the joke of Lost being ridiculous enough to do anything and get away with it.

Backflipping over a shark is little more ridiculous than just jumping, at least in my experience in shark jumping.

MTV. Like, all of it.

For the last, oh, 10-11 years.

It was declining fast in the mid 90s and 96/97/98 was the last time there was any shred of goodness left.

Every year I watch the VMAs and think, 'MTV has hit rock bottom. It cannot possibly get any worse than this.'

And then the next year comes, and MTV proves me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom