Shows you liked now going down the shitter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't understand how MTV has gone from mostly videos and rock news to a bunch of trashy, stupid programs. They do need to change their name.

Even my beloved VH1 Classic is going down the toilet these days. I never see videos when I tune in anymore. Sometimes it's a really great concert or music documentary type thing, so it's not all bad, but other times it's some lame crap I don't care about.

ER - I haven't been able to watch regularly since Greene died. I thought Romano's death was too over the top and ironic. Come on, really, who get their arm chopped off by a helicopter, then smushed by another later? And, I don't have a true connection to the remaining characters...

Grey's - I still watch, but Izzy makes me angry, and right now, Derek is as well.

Law and Order: SVU - I lost touch with it this season, but what I have seen hasn't been great.

Snowlock said:

2. Seasons 6 & "7" of the Sopranos. Watching each episode of this is liking working your ass off to get a date with a super model only to find out when you get her home and the lights go out, she doesn't like sex.

:lol: So true. Last Sunday was a good one though.

Queen Bee said:
TWENTY-BORE

And House, M.D.

Snooooooooooooooooozefests.

Yeah, but I knew House would go that direction. There just isn't enough to expand on. They come up with interesting cases, but how long will that be enough without character development?

But I saw a preview for a copycat show, I think on TNT, a brilliant heart transplant doctor who has no heart and can't relate to people. Sound familiar?

^ Yep saw that...I watch the old ER eps and they preview that show (Heartland?) every commercial break.

House isn't as good as the earlier seasons but it's still good, I still watch.

And yeah, MTV really sucks now. Speaking of MTV, I actually think the early seasons of the Real World were pretty cool, at least up until the Puck season (3? San Francisco?). Pretty sure after that season was when the entire channel started really sucking. Also can we blame reality TV on MTV & the Real World? If so then MTV really is the devil.

Screwtape2 said:

You obviously didn't watch the recent episode with John McCain.

Actually I did, I still watch it 3 or 4 times a week.
That was a very good episode.
There was one with John Bolton that was really good, a Dennis Miller episode, the John Kerry episode. They were all really good.

Okay, so if I give them 5 or 10 since the first of the year,......what about the other 60 or so this year?

I'd guess it's a pretty crap batting average overall.
It is hard to have a really funny show night in and night out, 4 days a week but they used to do it and that was the whole point.

When I was ten I used to like America's Funniest Home Videos. I suppose it was already down the shitter to begin with...

GibsonGirl said:
When I was ten I used to like America's Funniest Home Videos. I suppose it was already down the shitter to begin with...

Ugh... I've never seen what's funny about someone falling off a bike with moronic voices over the top.

I hate Neighbours and Home and Away!

I loved the Charlene & Scott times.......
:drool: .....*hummimg* that Angry Anderson song.....what was that song?

Shit....this is going to bug me until i get it.

Considering how crappy TV is these days the only shows I tune into regularly are NBC Nightly News and the Prime Minister's Questions on C-SPAN...:nerd: ahem.

But I agree with everything people have already said, especially about MTV and Vh1. Stop talking about how crazy celebrities are and just get back to the music! :rant:

fly so high! said:

NEIGHBOURS CAN DIE A HORRIBLE, BLOODY DEATH.

Honestly, worst television programme ever made. I had to sit through it every time I visited my grandmother's house. The theme song alone is enough to make me tear my hair out.

kudos to South Park for not making anyone's list.

after 9 years, the show is still fresh, IMO

Family Guy for me.

What happened, honestly? The first three seasons were SO GOOD. Even the fourth had its moments. Now I can barely stand to watch it. It's become a caricature of its former self. :(

fly so high! said:

I loved the Charlene & Scott times.......
:drool: .....*hummimg* that Angry Anderson song.....what was that song?

Shit....this is going to bug me until i get it.

"Suddenly", it's burned into my brain. I loved neighbours back in the day too. Now it's just another stupid soap, the houses even look bloody ugly.
I loved Plain Jane Superbrain,
when Paul was married to Terry,
Des and Daphne getting married, Mike and Bouncer moving in, Lucy getting an emergency tracheotomy from Clive with a pen on the kitchen at the Robinsons,
when Molly died and Brendan and Chloe cried, hang on, wrong show :ohmy:

happy times my friends:yikes:

Back
Top Bottom