Shows everyone likes but you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still cannot be alone and watch the Twilight zone, I am not sure why, the music still haunts me :yikes:

Roswell
7th Heaven
Summerland
Smallville
Charmed

Sanford And Son
Green Acres
The Waltons
Gunsmoke

8 Simple Rules
Hope and Faith
Less Than Perfect
Joey
Will & Grace
King Of Queens
Frasier
Malcolm In The Middle

Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno
Conan O'Brien

I know !! But I thought maybe you have heard of it ?? :shrug:

It's about a father and son who live together ... running their own business "The Sanford Arms" ... they buy and sell junk !! :tsk:
The father (Fred) always tries to make a buck one way or another,
while the son (Lamont) is always trying to keep him from doing wrong.

MsMofoGone said:
I know !! But I thought maybe you have heard of it ?? :shrug:

It's about a father and son who live together ... running their own business "The Sanford Arms" ... they buy and sell junk !! :tsk:
The father (Fred) always tries to make a buck one way or another,
while the son (Lamont) is always trying to keep him from doing wrong.

Right! I knew it!:wink:
Just wanted to make sure!

It is based on Steptoe and Son then, a UK comedy from the 60's & 70's!:wink:

Aardvark747 said:

I reckon so too!:wink:

OK !! Let's not start this again !! :lol:
Actually, I'll give you this one ... as our version over here just
doesn't seem that funny !! :tsk:
The only funny part of the show is when Fred argues with Lamont's Aunt Esther ...
that's the only part I enjoyed watching ... otherwise, I would turn the channel !! :|

It was a huge show over here during the late 60's and early 70's.

The way the 2 actors were with each other on screen was great. But I watched a programme recently which told us that they actually HATED each other with a passion. I wouldnt have thought that at all!

Aardvark747 said:

The way the 2 actors were with each other on screen was great. But I watched a programme recently which told us that they actually HATED each other with a passion. I wouldnt have thought that at all!

Yeah, actors on-screen can be really playing the part !! This reminds me of 'Moonlighting' ... an 80's show starred Bruce Willis (David Addison) and Cybill Shepherd (Maddie Hayes). And how
Maddie owned her own detective agency, and was assisted by
David in solving different mysterious cases each week. Their chemistry between them really played the part, as the characters eventually fell in love with each other. When the 3rd season arrived ... there were reports that one actor was making more money and the other one wanted incredible demands as well, also Bruce and Cybill had differences starting to arise with each other on the set too. After that started happening, once it was in the public eye, you could just tell by watching the 2 actors act that they hated each other and the show was no longer worth watching. Their characters went down hill ... along with the show !! Absolute shame, a GREAT show it was !! :up:

Yes, that's true ... Cybill Shepherd had her own TV show (it was called Cybill, of course :wink:) I don't think it did real well though ... only because she was one who was blamed as starting the arguments between herself and Willis ... so her demands on her show were impossible as well with the other actors ... and her show too ended up in the trash !! :tsk:
Since then, I occasionally see TV commercials with her ... (Cover Girl MakeUp, Preference by Loreal haircolor, and a couple of perfume ones too.) I think TV commercials are what she lives for ... because she doesn't have to deal with others and that right there stops her attempts of arguing ... :wink:

Redd Foxx played Fred Sanford ... he died years ago, although, I don't remember how !! :sad:
Demond Wilson played the son Lamont and I have no idea what he's doing now !! :shrug:

MsMofoGone said:
Redd Foxx played Fred Sanford ... he died years ago, although, I don't remember how !! :sad:
Demond Wilson played the son Lamont and I have no idea what he's doing now !! :shrug:

I would love to know what happened to "Lamont" my mom really like that show...she would use the line from one of the female cast members..she would call "Fred Stanford" "you old fish eyed fool"!!! Wow I wonder where that lady is too????
RIP to Redd Foxx he was a funny man.

MsMofoGone said:
Roswell
7th Heaven
Summerland
Smallville
Charmed

Sanford And Son
Green Acres
The Waltons
Gunsmoke

8 Simple Rules
Hope and Faith
Less Than Perfect
Joey
Will & Grace
King Of Queens
Frasier
Malcolm In The Middle

Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno
Conan O'Brien

I've never cared much for "Sanford And Son", either. Same with "8 Simple Rules"-the few times I've seen it, both when John Ritter was alive and when he wasn't, I just never found it funny. No disrespect to John, of course, because I have laughed at "Three's Company", that show was funny, and he was a talented man. Just didn't care much for this show. Same with "Green Acres".

But may all those who are deceased from those two shows rest in peace :(. Obviously someone found those shows funny, 'cause they've been popular and such, so...:shrug:.

The other shows in your list I either have never watched, or have watched, but only every once in a while, so it's hard to really comment, or I've watched them and like them.

I can't remember if this has been mentioned already in this thread, but another show that a lot of people are claiming is so funny and I'm not seeing where they're getting that impression is "Two and a Half Men". TV Guide talks all the time about how funny the show is-I've seen it, and I might have laughed, like, once at something :eyebrow:.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

I've never cared much for "Sanford And Son", either. Same with "8 Simple Rules"-the few times I've seen it, both when John Ritter was alive and when he wasn't, I just never found it funny.
No disrespect to John, of course, because I have laughed at "Three's Company", that show was funny, and he was a talented man. Just didn't care much for this show. Same with "Green Acres".

Exactly right ... Sanford and Son was a boring show and 8 Simple Rules wasn't the BEST with comedy either ... Although, I love Three's Company ... that was John Ritter's overall success !! :up:
Green Acres ... :yuck:

Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

"Two and a Half Men".

I was also gonna mention this show, but I too have read how alot of people really love this show ... so, I figured I would have been knocked down for posting it and left it off my list !! :lol:

MsMofoGone said:
Exactly right ... Sanford and Son was a boring show and 8 Simple Rules wasn't the BEST with comedy either ... Although, I love Three's Company ... that was John Ritter's overall success !! :up: Green Acres ... :yuck:

Hehe, glad to see we're in agreement here :).

Originally posted by MsMofoGone
I was also gonna mention this show, but I too have read how alot of people really love this show ... so, I figured I would have been knocked down for posting it and left it off my list !! :lol:

Hey, it's your list, put on it whatever you want :). If people disagree, well...*Shrugs*. It's still your opinion, right?

Angela

Back
Top Bottom