Show Us Your City (warning: HUGE picture thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
world-trade-center1.jpg
new%20york%20city!.jpg

statue_of_liberty_and_world_trade_center.jpg

grand central station & the chrysler building
19-med.jpg

times square
times-square-from-kk.jpg

times-square-one-view.jpg

The UN
NYC_UN_building_rt.jpg

These are some pictures of the suburb that I live in, 30 minutes north of Brisbane:

gympierd.jpg

gympierd2.jpg

^^ These two are different views of the main road, where pretty much everything is located

brayparkstn.jpg

^ That's my local train station

Some nicer pictures of Brisbane itself:

brisbane.jpg

^ The main business district

brisbane-aerial.jpg

^From the air, looking north

victoriabridge.jpg

^My favourite bridge, Victoria Bridge

And in July I will be going to Zlate Moravce, Slovakia, to live for a year. Here is what it looks like:

ZM_Town.jpg

^The whole town

Zupna_Ulica.jpg

^ The main street

Summer is just starting in Vancouver. This is Kits beach, a two minute stroll from my old place :sigh: . Next to it is a huge salt water swimming pool....

3956-06a.JPG

2270-18.JPG

2270-24.JPG

DiGi: Vancouver is a great place to live, if the rest of your life is in balance (ie, career, etc), otherwise it's very expensive. Many people move to more prolific waters such as Calgary (isn't that right, Cuj?) in search of more money. Vancouver has kind of become a playground for the wealthy and the workplace of the poor, at least in some respects (many "poor" don't leave because they claim to choose "lifestyle" over money). That said, Vancouver has a great recreational life. A city in which you can ski, golf and even sail all in the same day - again, if you can afford it! It's also great having mountains and ocean all around you....and a naturally forested 1000 acre park attached to downtown is a great bonus (you can see part of it to the left of the top and bottom pictures). Here it is in full:

vancouver9.jpg

TylerDurden: Sydney is spectacular. I must visit your city, too! Your harbour is incredible, possibly the most beautiful city in the world. Here's the Granville Island side Vancouver's harbour (False Creek), but not the commercial harbour:

city_false.jpg

Last edited:
OzAurora said:
Hey Buffalo- those are some nice pics of Bris- so where do you live, you must be somwhere in the pine rivers shire I guess, not too far down the road from me. So why are you going over to Slovakia???

Yes, indeed, just down the road from you in Strathpine! I went through Glasshouse Mountains a few months ago, on my way to Nambour (on the train) ... I've been so lazy and haven't been to the Sunshine Coast for about 2 years. I'm hoping to go this weekend because I leave for Europe on Monday. I'm going to teach English in Slovakia ... just for something different!

Vancouver looks quite nice, I could handle going there. All of the pics that I have shown you all of where I live, really dont do it justice. As it gets closer to summer, I will borrow my Dad's digital camera and take some pics from around the coast, the web just dosnt have many that are that great.

amherst, massachusetts. not only do i go to school here, but i live here the rest of the time, too.

well...here's our town library:
02_0148.jpg

the calvin coolidge memorial bridge going from hadley to northampton. they've been adding a 4th lane for the last few years. apparently they're finished, i read about it...i haven't gone over it yet. this is what it used to look like--traffic and all:
bridge360x241.jpg

concrete umass arcitecture:
tower.JPG

this is where i lived freshman year (some umass dorms):
slideshow19.jpg

antonio's pizza in downtown amherst :drool:
pizza.JPG

(pictures swiped from around the internet)

Back
Top Bottom