Should I wax my eyebrows? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
View Poll Results: Should I wax my eyebrows???
Yes! Real women wax their eyebrows 14 40.00%
No, they are fine the way they are, you are paranoid 21 60.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2003, 12:15 PM   #1
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Local Time: 01:24 PM
Should I wax my eyebrows?

All my life I have done absolutely NOTHING with my eyebrows. I have started to notice lately that EVERYONE (female) waxes their eyebrows into these typical thin, archy shapes.

I am starting to get a serious cave woman complex.

Should I cave and get them waxed? Would I look better? Or should I leave them well enough alone. The last thing I need is more hassle and upkeep, and they aren't horrendous eyebrows exactly, they are kind of semi-circular, but certainly not archy.

The reason I am suddenly so concerned is that today I discovered that EVEN GUACA/WHACKA just came home with waxed brows. She was the anti makeup and maintenance queen until today, and one of the few reasons I was holding out. She caved to peer pressure. Now I am starting to worry. Any advice?

P.S. for those of you who don't know what I look like, this is the closest closeup I could get. Sorry it's so big.
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2003, 12:19 PM   #2
ONE<br>love, blood, life
Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Local Time: 02:24 PM
hmmmm.... I pluck mine and it works well... and it's not as painful as waxing

maybe you could go to a salon to get them shaped nicely and then maintain them by plucking?

but I think they look great now

Write for Interference!
Email or PM me ( if you're interested.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:27 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
i get mine waxed and have been for years. when i can't make it to the salon to get them done, i pluck.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
love, blood, life
Local Time: 10:24 AM
Nah I would leave them alone or if you must, pluck them.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:32 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
I would wax them vs plucking. I've had mine waxed every 3 weeks for I don't know how long. It's quick, inexpensive, and I don't think it hurts at all. I think it's worth it to have a professional keep my eyebrows shaped over me trying to shape them myself.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:51 PM   #6
Don't do it..don't buckle....

Seriously, I turn 40 this year, and up to a few months ago, never touched my eyebrows...never plucked, never shaped, nothing...compared to everyone else, I think I did look a little monsterous but that is me..and I dont wear makeup - not even mascara..just one of those things.

But hairdresser, work colleagues, friends, everyone says just go and do it - you'll look so much better..and eventually you get tired of hearing it so you do it..and I did..and I go back to get them done...doesnt cost much and it certainly is easy having someone else do it that's for sure.

Today I needed a pick-me-up, so I had them done...and I even bought me some makeup - GASP!!!! what is this world coming to..if only I could figure out how to put the stuff on..Id be doing all right...

Jess, I think you already have a natural curve to yoru brow, and I wouldnt do it...I think they look perfectly fine...not too thick and natural..but what do I know...
Old 04-26-2003, 12:51 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 06:24 PM
I have seriously VERY bad eyebrows, so I have to pluck them or I'd have eyebrow over half my face. I'm scared of waxing because I'm afraid they'd make my eyebrows too thin or that it would rip my skin off since I have sensitive skin.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:58 PM   #8
An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Local Time: 12:24 PM
Originally posted by adamswildhoney
Nah I would leave them alone or if you must, pluck them.
I agree. I never do anything with my eyebrows either. I'd say just leave them alone unless they bother you or if you have bad eyebrows, or just pluck them every now and then for stray hairs, but I think yours look just fine Jess.

I actually prefer the natural look to the fine thin line eyebrows that have been plucked and/or waxed and look like they were just drawn on or something
Old 04-26-2003, 01:00 PM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor
I pluck mine and, oddly enough, get compliments on them all the time.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:03 PM   #10
MacPhisto's serving wench
what a lot of people do is get them waxed by a professional and then just pluck out the strays when they begin growing in. If you find a good esthtician and mention that this is your first time, etc. they shouldn't make them too thin. Again, if you don't like it, you can always let them grow in again (BTW - I've heard that if you put Rogaine on a q-tip and rub it on your eyebrows it makes them grow in faster )

I've personally never had them waxed because a lot of my eyebrow hairs are blond and I know that I've plucked out a few blond ones and they've gwon in brown So I pluck, just enough to keep them neat looking (although my eyebrows are pretty sparse as it is). Someone once told me that eyebrows are the most important part of your face. They can take the emphasis off your face shape, emphasize your eyes, etc.

In the end, I can't see the pic, but as far as I remember, your eyebrows looked fine! Really! You're gorgeus!

But if you really want to try it, I would suggest waxing, at least the first time. Or have an experienced 'plucker' pluck them for you.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:07 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict
I've found that waxing or plucking your eyebrows will open up your eyes a little more. I never had anyone say a word about my eyes until I started to have them shaped a bit and now I get compliments that I have nice eyes

You can work with the person who is doing your wax and let them know what you want to not make them too thin or have too much of an arch.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:14 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
i always get compliments on my eyes when i get my brows waxed. i feel i look 10x's better with them waxed and shaped esp when i wear my glasses. my eyes are small as it is so by shaping them by waxing them it opens up the area around my eyes. i just like the finished and polished look, but that is me. i am very girly on these type of things. i love being pampered and having my hair done. i however wear very little makeup but i do like having little things such as a new hairstyle and my brows waxed.

i do have certain people i see to have my brows done. i don't like them waxed to the point that i have a thin arch, so the ones that i do see know how to properly wax my brows the way i want and that is to show the natural arch that i already have.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:29 PM   #13
The Flower
Local Time: 10:24 AM
If you decide to do it, do it for yourself, not because of peer pressure. You already have really nice eyebrows but what can it hurt to try it once if you really want to do it?

Don't make a drastic change, just have them shaped a bit and if you don't like it, let them grow back.
Old 04-26-2003, 03:11 PM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier
ouch. wouldn't that hurt?
Old 04-26-2003, 06:25 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 04:24 AM
Hey jess...did you get the Ferrari?
You are a naturally beautiful woman, but if you feel the need for a change, do it.
My advice to all you beautiful young women, from where I sit, age 42, a victim of the harsh Australian climate.
Enjoy what you have now for free, your hair colour, your smooth clear skin, your taut bits. I want to stay looking OK a bit longer yet....and here comes the expense.
I had not had any "beauty " treatments till last year. My hub thought he was doing the right thing buying a voucher book from the church. That led to me having my hair cut and streaked my eybrows waxed...and I LOVED it!! live styles of the rich and famous. I find the salon a very pleasant place( hopefully you have more friends and don't NEED to talk to a hairdresser) I want to go there more often, but the $$$$$. I can't. Hub is becoming a dab hand at rubbing the dye thru my hair...(I had to laugh at him commenting on the ease of a new product, quite the expert...except I found out later he was quoting Homer Simpson)He doesn't know I bought a streaking cap the other day. He has to learn to use that next!!

You know what else makes me laugh? ME!! using the quick reply option here...I don't know how to do a quick reply!!
your original Q...I like wax, it doesn't hurt, it ZINGS!!! whooshka!! I'm alive!!

and before I go..i have wanted to share the birthday card my sister gave me the other day
on the front a furry creature leaning down to a burrow
"I didn't know what to get you for your birthday, so I asked the GREAT WEEVIL. He said : "A Sports Car"
Then I asked ther Little Weevil, and he said: A birthday card

...naturally, I chose the lesser of two weevils"

the ballad of Lucy Jordan..I'm going to Paris, I'm getting me a sports car...............

You are a beautiful woman already. see my quote