Should I wax my eyebrows? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Should I wax my eyebrows???
Yes! Real women wax their eyebrows 14 40.00%
No, they are fine the way they are, you are paranoid 21 60.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2003, 09:09 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Local Time: 08:17 PM
I have never had mine waxed but mine have a nice natural arch and were never really out of control so I just pluck where and when I need to. We had this conversation at work a few months ago and everyone had thought I always had mine done. I dont mind the plucking but then again it's a few hairs here and there.

Old 04-28-2003, 09:39 PM   #47
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge
Lacross is supposed to be Canada's other national sport other than hockey...and I know nothing about either. but I am taking it upon myself to learn.

you are such a bad Canadian

Old 04-28-2003, 09:45 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
i met a lacross player a few weeks ago. he was hot!

i really need to go watch some games.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:38 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:17 AM
I must admit when he said their destination I thought SARS, but he seemed confident.
to pluck or not to pluck...that is the question. It's cool the guys in your office were open to discussing this topic. I have been chuckling about unwanted hares and stuff all morning and then my g'friend rang and she had an unwanted hair joke...I better not tell it.
Also peeked in your thread about chocolate...a sweet surprise. Of course I looked, I'ma bit nutty for the stuff..trufflesBelgian?

I mentioned to my friend just then a car sticker I saw that I liked recently, obviously on a car that belonged to a woman in a embroidery/crafts guild. It said" Beam Me Back Merlin"
my friend saw one that said "Make Chocolate, Not War"

god luck up there, with the health scares ( I'm here brushing away mozzies, I should take them more seriously,they carry some nasty illnesses these days)
good luck... except during a possible goal shoot out with Australia when they are there.

back to the hair thing...imhoit kind of ties in with the chocolate thing. I heard the other that there is a physical reason post-menopausal women crave chocolate. it was a bit of sad news. Our taste buds loose their function...I love the subtle taste of some foods...I relish flavour.
So I'd just say enjoy your natural beauty as long as you can girls. Get into good habits of protecting and nourishing your skin while you are young.

Naomi Wolf was interviewed for Oz TV last night( she wrote "The Beauty Myth" I wrote down a quote from her...I was gonna tell diamond, "lipstick is not the enemy...party on"
she said "party on" about 3 times
Old 05-02-2003, 09:14 PM   #50
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I just got my eyebrows waxed.

I feel pretty
Old 05-02-2003, 09:25 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cass

Naomi Wolf was interviewed for Oz TV last night( she wrote "The Beauty Myth" I wrote down a quote from her...I was gonna tell diamond, "lipstick is not the enemy...party on"
she said "party on" about 3 times
Old 05-11-2003, 01:57 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Oh Jess....you are a bee-yoo-tiful wimmin! *I* don't think you need to do any pluckin or waxin, but hey, if you want to, my only piece of advice is find a good reputable place to do it....and don't EVER wax/pluck too much. Case in point: ME. I overplucked in high school, and all these years later I'm still waiting for them to grow back!!! *angry brows*

Just a gentle shaping usually does the trick...

personally, I'm seriously thinking of getting them tattoo'd on...
Old 05-11-2003, 11:37 PM   #53
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Well today I was at a family function and discovered that both my sister in laws also wax their eyebrows.

My husband's cousin, who is a model and actress (appearing in a Mandy Moore movie soon as her stepmother!) gets her eyebrows THREADED. It sounds like some sort of medieval torture. Does anyone know about that? My sister in laws and I are thinking about trying it just once. If I go through with this, I would only get a very tiny bit done, and hopefully it will grow in again if I don't like it.

I might get it done as soon as Friday.....but then a voice inside says "don't do it! you are betraying the person you have always been this whole time!" which is also kind of silly too..........we shall see.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts on threading, please let me know!
Old 05-11-2003, 11:52 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
i have had mine threaded only once. it was interesting.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:09 AM   #55
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
threaded
Old 05-12-2003, 11:36 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:17 PM
threaded is another way people get their eyebrows plucked. its a piece of thread, that someone would tie it a certain way and just use it to "thread the eyebrows." its really interesting how its done. i will get that done sometime soon.

Old 05-12-2003, 03:26 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:17 AM
what the..?
I haven't heard of this before. What are it's advantages? Do the removed hairs grow back?
My neice is studying to be a beautician and hairdresser. I saw her on the weekend( she looked stunning, dark red and jet black striped hair...it sounds weird, but she looked fabulous). I would have asked her about "threading" if I knew at the time.

Actors in your family too MrsEdge. When someone asked about Goggle searching our names, I found out hub's cousin was an actor in a well known Australian TV show. It looks as though he is in Hollywood now. I must go open the sites and find out about him)

I am still inclined towards: wax in the parlour by the beautician.

main thing is don't fret MrsEdge. You are beautiful already, inside and out.
Do you know the story of my belt and veil? It's rather special( bit sad in places) I'm almost ready to bring them out of mothballs( just a figure of speech, they are hanging on the wall of my room) I'll tell it in my journal one day, when net time allows.

Can someone explain threading please?
Old 05-12-2003, 04:05 PM   #58
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Oh my ...
Old 05-12-2003, 04:08 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

it is weird looking however it didn't hurt at all when i had the threading done. when i went to the salon to get my brows done i requested waxing, they came back with threading and told me this was a new way of removing hair.

i have also had Sugaring done. this is done at aveda salons.