Should I wax my eyebrows? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
View Poll Results: Should I wax my eyebrows???
Yes! Real women wax their eyebrows 14 40.00%
No, they are fine the way they are, you are paranoid 21 60.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2003, 08:03 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:04 PM
I think your eyebrows look fine, but if you're self-concious about it then get them shaped. I agree with everyone else that it's probably a good idea to have them done by a professional (of even a friend who has nice eyebrows) to get them done the first time. I'm a very low maintainance girl myself, I almost never wear makeup, but I have been plucking my eyebrows since I was about 12. I have A LOT of eyebrows and they are very dark even though I have blonde hair. Getting your eyebrows done really is an easy way to make yourself look a more polished look.

Old 04-26-2003, 09:20 PM   #17
Local Time: 11:04 PM
You're so pretty already, I don't think you need to, but if it's something you want to do, go ahead.

I've personally never really wanted to do anything to know those old 30's movies, where you can tell the actress' entire eyebrow has been ripped out and they've painted some on? I'm always afraid I'll end up looking like that.

Old 04-26-2003, 09:33 PM   #18
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
wax them! eyebrows look better imo when they've got some structure to them. i keep mine at a very fine line between thin and thick. they look quite perfect if you ask me.

the upkeep is not bad at all. i get mine waxed like once a month, and my hairs grow in fast. maintaining by plucking wouldn't be a bad thing either. you'll maintain their shape but it'll be a lot cheaper for you in the long run.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 04-27-2003, 12:08 AM   #19
She's the One
Local Time: 09:04 PM
I wanted to vote Oh My God no! No! No! No! You are so beautiful and perfect and I know this to be true because I've seen you in person and no! What are you thinking!!!!!???? but that wasn't an option, so I voted no.

I'm not joking, either. Jess, you are gorgeous!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with anything on your face.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:27 AM   #20
Local Time: 09:04 PM doesn't matter if I wax or not...he still loves my eyes and I will always have my Dad's arch to the brow...(however I will not let them grow together)...
So.....let's have some fun and see if anyone really notices it....... all of us......> wax them in a nice high arch so we always
Old 04-27-2003, 12:36 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:04 PM
if i dont wax my eyebrows or pluck them i'll end up looking like that Helga chick on Hey Arnold.
Old 04-27-2003, 06:17 AM   #22
Local Time: 02:04 PM
Wax them
I have just started having this done at the beautician, but more of a tidy up and some shaping - not too dramatic.
I also get them coloured and eyelashes tinted - looks good - I dont know why I didnt do this years ago.

Old 04-27-2003, 02:08 PM   #23
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Wow! Thank you all for weighing in on this so far....and also for the very lovely compliments!

The poll is exactly 50/50, so this won't be easy!

I think if I do anything I may just get a tiny bit on underside taken out via waxing by a professional...nothing too drastic, and then it can grow in again...but I am worried it won't grow in properly that's all.....

But I'm still deliberating. I don't know why I'm so worried about this right now, I just started to worry about it a month or so ago. I'll let you know if I actually go through with it.
Old 04-27-2003, 02:23 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 12:04 AM
jess, just remember it is hair, it grows back. if you don't like the look don't worry, it will fill back in and it also grows back very fast.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:17 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
WAX!! I I've been getting mine done for about a year now and I don't know what I did before. If you go to a good estitician they should be able to show you exactly what they will remove before they actually wax. If you are that nervous, bring white eyeliner with you to mark the hairs you want removed. Trust me, you'll feel great after you have it done. I always feel better after I wax my brows. It's fast and inexpenisve. Trust me, you'll love it.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:39 PM   #26
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
I pluck mine and, oddly enough, get compliments on them all the time.
Same here...which really surprises me!

Jess, your eyebrows don't even look bad...if you want to do a little grooming through, you could probably get by with some minor tweezing. A pair of tweezers is also a lot cheaper than paying everytime you get them waxed.
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at]
Old 04-27-2003, 03:45 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 02:04 PM
Back again
50/50? I think wax, in the salon, by the beautician
is leading by now?
I wanted to mention a TV show I have been thoroughly enjoying( u came here to talk TV , now didn't ya?)It was the last episode last night fascinating show..."The Frontier House". Three American families went and lived in Montana "the outback" as close to the lifestyle of homesteaders in 18...something? , the late 1800's. The thing most of the females tried hardest to smuggle in was tweezers for their eyebrows. The gorgeous Nate Brookes had his fiance join in him and they had a wedding she was doing close -ups of her "regrowth" for all the world to see. It REALLY bothered her.
It was a great show..imho, worthwhile. It was fascinating how much the family from Malibu behaved and what they learned.

Anyway,...can I tell another one? about wax? I shouldn't...but I will..... it's not just women who wax. My son, was living with a pro footballer who waxes his bits ( chest, I'm not sure what else) rang and asked how to unblock the shower drain.Hairy beast!Now he is in Sydney I think he has it professionally done. I'm not sure if it an expectation of the club...or he just likes it.

Be brave MVD said, it grows back.
I actually use wax strips at home when I am broke. They are good and don't hurt, but it is much better to go to a salon.

Another story.....quite a few ppl here don't have mains electricity to their houses. I was once at a ladies lunch at a house with electricity and one woman arrived , plugged in her electric wax melting device and waxed her entire legs...FASCINATING! but not what I expected. She had an arrangement with the home owner apparently. She didn't flinch, so I figured it musn't hurt as much as I had imagined......funny memory.

do it
Old 04-27-2003, 06:15 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:04 PM
I have mine waxed.
*true story*
it hurts...but it's worth it
Old 04-27-2003, 08:17 PM   #29
War Child
Local Time: 04:04 AM
When I started to pluck my dark brows ages ago I did it gradually so they all wouldn't come to the surface at the same time, a personal nightmare. You've got to keep up with it if you're going to pluck, I take a few seconds out of most mornings to check for any heinous sprouts, and that keeps them looking nice. It's free, too. But I'm sure waxing is nice for those with the $ to do it.
Old 04-27-2003, 08:23 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
there is no way i would wax my own brows. i am too scared to do that. i rather have a professional do mine. yeah it hurts, but i have started to get used to the pain.