Should I watch LOTR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sulawesigirl4 said:
definitely watch it. Both of them, even. :D

Sula!!!
:hyper:
Hey girl!

Oh, back to topic....
You must watch this movie. Then you can quote it like me...
"It comes in pints?"
"Let's hunt some Ork!"

Uh, both movies so far have been up for Best Picture at the Oscars 2 years in a row. That fact alone should make these movies worthy of watching.

definitely worth the three hours. i'd say watch the extended dvd(its 4 hours but its great). its better. then after seeing that, if you loved it, which im hoping you will...go see The Two Towers if its still playing at your local theater.

it's that kind of love-it-or-hate it kind of film...and I absolutely LOVE it! Go watch it, there's not much to lose except 3 hours and a small sum of money.

Firstly- read the books- even though I am hugely biased!!!

but in all honesty I really cant understand how anyone who has even a slight interest in literature or reading and is an intelligent person, why they would not want to attempt to read LOTR. I know that fantasy is not for everyone, but really LOTR transgresses the boundaries of fantasy- it is just so profoundly magnificent...but if one cant bring themselves to read the books than at least watch the film... even though the two movies so far are not as good as the books, and I really dont think do Tolkien any justice to a LOTR virgin, but watch the films at least for the breathtaking cinematography, costumes and in TTT the awesome battle sequence at Emyn Mull- 40 mins of divine battle choreography between men, elves and the Uruk Hai (spelling!!!!)

eek- stop me!!! I love LOTR- go see it, go watch both movies and hopefully then you will want to read the books and become a LOTR geek like me :)

Back
Top Bottom