Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonaVox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okie opinions from both genders will be appreciated.

Super Bowl Sunday is coming up, and my boyfriend is Super Excited. Now I have nothing against football. I know a lot of girls who think it's barbaric, gross, etc. etc. None of that. It's just not really my cup of tea.

Now there will almost certainly be some kind of Super Bowl viewing partay with a bunch of his friends, and it's like I'm expected to go. If I go, I will be BORED out of my mind. I told him that today but he's like "That's what you do in a relationship! You take interests in your partner's interests! It'd be like me going to a Coldplay concert with you."

(he doesn't like Coldplay)

And I was like "...well now I just want to go to a Coldplay concert..."

:D This isn't a huge deal, I was just wondering what other people thought.

:shifty: OK I'm bored. Sue me.

I think it's nice if you occasionally do things with your significant other that you find boring to make them happy (like him going to the coldplay concert) and if I were you I would probably go to the Superbowl thing. You need to be able to compromise in relationships. You just shouldn't make a habit out of doing things just to please the other person.

The Superbowl is a big deal to some guys...if he wants to spend it with you, you are important to him. I would go. Just remind him of it when you want to do something he doesn't like :mac:

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
I just liked the title of the thread. :yes:

:lol:

This is my first ever relationship and he's had quite a few before. I know nothing :| I like Bono's American Wife's idear of keepin it even :mac:

Remember, the Superbowl is more of an "event" than a football game. The advertisers roll out their best ads for the game. A lot of hype, commentary, and occassionally a good football game. I find that if the game gets boring, there is plenty of coversation to go around. If the game is close, even a non-football fan can appreciate some of the excitement.

Go and have fun!! :wave:

Just go. Then make him go to your concert. done and done.

Oh and I just have to add -Si no me quieres libra me. Cuz, you know, I just wanted to talk about the Clash. I loves me some gramatically incorrect Spanish.

Agreed!

Bono's American Wife said:
The Superbowl is a big deal to some guys...if he wants to spend it with you, you are important to him. I would go. Just remind him of it when you want to do something he doesn't like :mac:

You always give such good advice. :)

Go....you'll have fun, my friends and I always have a Superbowl party...it's not so bad.
Then there is that little favor he owes you....Coldplay !!! imo well worth enduring a little football game !!

MonaVox said:

"That's what you do in a relationship! You take interests in your partner's interests!"

Go and have fun. Yes, sometimes you make compromises in a relationship. But if the above sentence keeps getting used to get you to constantly do things that he wants to do, keep an eye or two open.

I think you should go. There maybe other girls there as well and at least you can hang with them and talk if you are not interested in the game.

Mmm there will be food...

Oh and there is no actual Coldplay concert :lol: :sad: That was just his example.

:drool: Coldplay and food...

Back
Top Bottom