Should I stay or should I buy a Pontiac G6?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MY BABY DROVE UP IN A BRAND NEW CADILLAC.

not a stinking pontiac.

i know they didn't write it, and i know that's not even the song in this commercial. so what. who remembers the guy who did the original version? that's what i thought.

i think my brother tried to tell me about this when i was still at home. i was hoping he was hearing things. this isn't the first clash song in a commercial (it isn't even the first time this song has been in a commercial, more like the 3rd or 4th), and i usually don't care about these things, but.....blaaaaaaaaaaah.

:grumpy:

it's things like this that make me hate certain songs. not because anyone sold out, but because whenever i hear it i'll think of the product it was selling. like i can't listen to zepplin's "rock n roll" any more, although i didn't like that in the first place...

The only thing worse than this is when that one TV station used a bastardized version of 'Police On My Back' to advertise their lame show. I dont remember what it was, but it angered me.

I just came on right now during ER. :mad: I usually don't care about bands selling their music to commercials either but I never would have thought The Clash would have done it. They just seem like they would be against this type of thing.

who here remembers London Calling in a Jaguar commercial or Should I Stay or Should I go in a Levi's commercial? :|

one thing worse that having your favourite music trashed in a commercial, is having people tell you how much they like the Clash and their favourite song is "the one from that car commercial" :mad: :madspit:

Although I like when Anderson Cooper uses "Radio Clash" sound bites in between his segments.

Back
Top Bottom