should i get my ears pierced??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

should i get my ears pierced?

• yes

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • no

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Sure. I had a bad experience, but the piercing itself didn't hurt or anything.

I had mine done (first piercings, 21 years) in January so that I'd be able to wear dangly things by the time of my wedding. They were fine for 2.5 months. Then they got REALLY messed up because the backs of the piercing studs were tight and getting embedded. I bought tiny rings and put those in instead, but for weeks they were still red, purple, hard, and yellow/green stuff came out. When they started bleeding constantly, I took the rings out and they honestly swelled shut within minutes before I could get anything back in. So, I can't wear earrings to my wedding, which is the only reason I got them pierced. :mad:

:yuck:

That sounds about five thousand times worse than my experience. I envy those of you who don't have problems with your piercings! I haven't worn any studs (couldn't wear the dangly ones) for months and months now. I don't think I could even get them in anyway. And I definitely don't want to try. Too many bad memories.

I don't think you'd want to hear about how I took studs and manually pierced my own ears when my holes closed and I was too cheap and lazy to go get them done again.

Yeah, that kinda hurt.

Babies. All of you.

Well, I had them done when I was 9 months old so I couldn't tell you if I screamed. :wink:

For the most part, I've never not worn earrings so they've never closed up. But about 2 weeks ago I was switching earrings and I cut the inside of the hole with it. It hurt for a while and I definitely could not wear anything in them. I tried to wear something on Wednesday but by the end of the day my ear was throbbing.
I finally put it back in today and I've had no problems.

I wanted to pierce my upper ear lobe but after seeing a friend's infection up there and hearing how it's one of the most difficult piercings to keep clean, I'll pass. :yuck:
I wouldn't mind double piercings, but I'm really not a fan of changing earrings to begin with. :shrug:
We'll see how wasted I get on my 21st and if that leads to anything scandalous. :drool:

Lila64 said:
You'd think 14K gold earrings would be better than silver, but they aren't. Everyone is different, and sometimes sterling silver is better.

my skin reacts to silver and gold now so I can only wear jewelry for short periods without getting irritated. I haven't tried platinum yet though :hmm:

Kayla-get 'em pierced odds are they won't get infected if they do it's not the worse thing that can happen. It does suck but it'll pass. You can't wear cool earrings until you establish holes so you may as well do that now and get on with it :)

Get them pierced with a needle at a professional piercer's rather than with a gun. You're less likely to have problems with them healing that way.

Back
Top Bottom