should I delete cookie files??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Help! I'm clueless! I just installed a security program. It scanned my system and put together a whole slew of cookie files. I don't know if I should delete these or not. I know what a cookie is (a form) but I'm not sure what a cookie file is. Is it some sort of reflection of old cookies? Can I delete them without screwing up my abilities to get into sites that require cookies? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

you should get ad-aware 6. it will tell you which cookies and files are actually spyware and then you can delete them.

you can get it at download.com.

cookies are not forms - just files. you can delete them and they will be reset if needed. If you delete them and then go to a site like amazon or here even - place that remember who you are, you will have to relogin - not a bad thing. They are going to be set.

You can delete them and that will not hurt your computer. You can also change your browser settings so that you have to enable a cookie to be set if you so desire.

i've never tried spybot. have you tried the new version of adaware? it found TONS of new spyware crap once i replaced my old adaware. it was crazy. :crack:

Back
Top Bottom