Should I Choose The U2 iPod Or Be Debt Free?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do I tell my mom to get the U2 iPod or to pay off my credit card?

• Get the iPod, you idiot!

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Have mom pay off the credit card

Votes: 29 72.5%

• Total voters

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
My Mom just called me, asking, "If I gave you a choice between A and B, which would you choose?"

Me: "Do I get to know what A and B is?"

Mom: "They're two things you really want for Christmas. I can tell you, but really, it's no big deal."

Me: "If it's no big deal, just tell me what A and B are."

Mom: "I'll either get you the U2 iPod, or pay off your credit card."

Me; " :shocked: "

*long silence*

Me: "That's 'no big deal'. Can I get back to you on that one?"

Mom: "Sure."

OK, guys... I realize what most of you will say, but still, please vote anyway. ;)

Last edited:
How much credit card debt you got?
If its more than the cost of the ipod (especially if its a lot more), have Mom pay off the CC.
(Then charge a U2 ipod in January and don't tell mom!)

that's so nice of your mom to offer to pay off your debt. but i think you should get the ipod! it's more of a traditional gift. and plus, every time you use it, you'll think of your mom. :)

taking the money would probably be the responsible thing, though...

credit card, it just makes more sense, if she's willing to pay $600 and the ipod is only $350

Credit card debts should be left an unpaid...

Or better yet, ask for it to be included in Bono's "Drop the Debt" program... :)

paxetaurora said:
Take the money and run, sweetheart. You're gonna need those credit cards in Vegas.

pax is absolutely right.

now, i don't want to hear anymore of this silly ipod nonsense.

:shocked: Holy shit! I don't think my mom has spent $600 on me at a time since paying the hospital bill for my birth! Um, if she's willing........DUH!!!!

I think I am going to be a responsible girl (ugh, how I hate that word) and tell my mom I'll go for B.

Because in less than a month's time, my credit card will probably be at that amount again once I get U2 tickets and travel accomodations squared away. ;)

Oh, yes... and there's that little trip to the west coast I'm considering as well, but that may tie into the U2 tickets. :hmm:

Last edited:
Have your mom pay off your credit card debt...and then charge the iPod. :wink:

Really though...if your debt is that much more than the iPod, I'd go with the debt.

Although...by the time you figure tax for the iPod...and if you get a 3-year warranty...you're looking at $420. That's what my family did for me.

Bonochick said:
Have your mom pay off your credit card debt...and then charge the iPod. :wink:

:up:

Er yeah, I'd choose A. or B. Whichever one was "pay off the debt". :der: I've been debt and CC free for years now and it's pretty nice. Well it wasn't that nice when I had to get a cosigner for something because I apparently have no credit at all. :scratch:

Er, yeah, anyway B is good. :wink:

add a zero to and double your debt and that's about what mine is. :sad: long and boring story......

go for the debt to be paid! I wish someone would pay mine :sad:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Add two zeros and there's my debt (60,000). And I don't even HAVE a credit card! :banghead:

:shifty: I was just talking about credit cards....

I don't count my student loans or car as debt because it's my choice to drive a brand new car. I could have kept what I had but I wanted a new one. And my student loan isn't that much so I don't even hardly notice that payment each month.

Rono said:
I would go for the Ipod,... I would feel ashamed when my parents pay my debt.

yeah same here

but i voted the credit card thing, if your mom is willing to do that, then go for it. being out of debt is more important.

Definitely pay off the debt.

The U2 iPod is a 4th Gen (which aside from improved battery life is worse conceptually than the 3rd Gen). The 4th Gen iPod was a rushed product in order to counteract competitors. Watch for a 5th Gen with a number of improvements (including significantly better battery life) to be out within the next 9-12 months, probably in time for the holiday season next year. Save your bucks and get that one then.

Back
Top Bottom