should i change my nickname?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bayernfc

Refugee
I don't know......maybe a U2ish name or anything that doesn't scream out "beware.....soccer fan":wink: would be better here!!!but then there's getting back 345 posts......:shrug: ..... what do you think?

Last edited:
Hrmm.. I didn't know your name screamed huge soccer fan. :scratch: I just thought it was maybe your first/last name and something else? :shrug:

There's nothing wrong with being a soccer fan. :) But Bayern...
Should you want to change it, change it then to FCFeyenoord (or just Feyenoord). :D

C ya!

Marty

I would keep it...I get confused when people change their names. :reject:

I considered changing mine cuz I thought that mayhaps I was becoming too old to be called "chick" (I first took up this nickname elsewhere online when I was 15)...but I'd feel funny not bein' Bonochick!

I considered changing my name too but I decided I already established myself with this name so I kept it. I just hate because everyone asks me what my name means.

I like the name... just as long as it isn't Arsenalunatic. :wink:

Or ZooZidane...

arw9797 said:
I considered changing my name too but I decided I already established myself with this name so I kept it. I just hate because everyone asks me what my name means.

Um...actually, I've always wanted to ask what your name means...:reject: Don't be angry, please?

Anyway, it's really up to you. I didn't know your name screamed soccer fan either...and not everyone has to have a U2 name...but if you really want to, I'm sure you could make up those posts quite quickly, really. And it depends on the name. There's only enough room for one Sweetest Thing around here. :sexywink: and you'd want to be careful or you'll end up regretting it (ie. Basstrap, who is now known as Asstrap or Asscrack in the IO circle)
After all, didn't Icelle change her name from nellie when she had like, 1000s of posts?

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

Um...actually, I've always wanted to ask what your name means...:reject: Don't be angry, please?

:ohmy: I KNEW someone was going to ask me that if I said something....:lol:

It's nothing secretive. It's my initials. Amanda R. W..... the 9797 crap is from a job I had for a long time in a cash office and the only way to log in the computer was to type in arw 9797 so it's just something I always remember easily. My cashier # was 97 at this store and it was 1997 when I needed to come up with a password so to make it easy I just picked 9797.

Actually when I first signed up on interference I screwed up and I wanted arw9797 to be my password and my something else to be my name but I was in a hurry and did it wrong. Sicy offered to change it for me but by then everyone was calling me arw so I just decided to keep it.

ok...... i guess good to know it doesn't scream soccer fan after all (ok, maybe after this thread it does *too late to reconsider posting about this*) .......and Bonochick I like your name don't ever think of changing it!

and to all you huge soccer fans, I used to like the club when Klinsmann and Matthaus played there....but for the past couple of years, they've been dropping fast ..... hence another reason for the name change......

and The_Sweetest_Thing.......no worries....... 2 sweetests from the same town and Uni wouldn't make much sense!!!!!

maybe i should go with arw's advice and stick with it.......no matter what it screams out (or doesn't!!)........:shrug:

Hey, bayern...how was anthro last night? When we were standing outside (pre-exam) I was looking around thinking, 'You know...ONE of these people is a U2 fan!" :hyper:

don't change your nickname, it will be weird and confusing

i've been described as 'was bored' in the "describe the person above you" thread so many times that i've grown to regret the name i chose

IWasBored said:
don't change your nickname, it will be weird and confusing

i've been described as 'was bored' in the "describe the person above you" thread so many times that i've grown to regret the name i chose

ok i'm never visiting there then......:wink:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Hey, bayern...how was anthro last night? When we were standing outside (pre-exam) I was looking around thinking, 'You know...ONE of these people is a U2 fan!" :hyper:

were you there early?.....i was there around 6 ...... i was trying to see which one in the crowd looks like a U2 fan instead of memorizing epochs!!!:wink:

...anyhow it went good......2 more to go....:hyper:

Last edited:
6??!! Why on earth were you there so early? I got there around 6:45-ish. :crack: Maybe we should have devised a sign...I could have carried a big sign that read "U2 fan" on the front, and "Evil anthropology" on the back... Those epochs...Oligocene = dryer climate. That's all I remember. Useless facts....at least there is the consolation that I will never have to memorize the cranial characteristics of Homo erectus, ever, ever again! Whoo hay! :applaud:

2 to go for me too...both Monday :angry: This weekend is going to suck. Big time. Good luck with yours!

I live an hour or so away ......so i had to get there ontime... especially coming down on rushhour.....*not recommended*.......about the sign.....how about "anti UofT" at the back:D...anyhow good luck on the other two and I'll probably talk to you on msn......I'm usually on at night around 10ish.

no, don't change your nick. it will eventually grow on you.
or people will change it for you...
i used to hate mine, but now people call me bg84 or bg. ouizy calls me bgirl.
i can't imagine being anything else.

don't sweat it. learn to love it.

I hate my name too, and I have a nother I can post under, but it would be such a pain with the premium membership and all. :slant:

Keep the name.

(keep in mind that not all people - also, especially not all Americans, the majority here - know soccer that well to know of the bayern club)

Also, nickame this or that, people can still call you by your first name or make something new from your username.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom