Should I cancel my Glastonbury ticket?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reasons Glastonbury is bad:
1. It will probably be hot (especially in the tent in the morning, which I HATE).
2. No shower for days/not being able to wash my hair.
3. I will be the only girl I know going.
4. It might be rainy/muddy.
5. Lots of people.
6. ?100 for the ticket, ?20 for transportation, and at least ?100 in buying stuff (baby wipes, etc.) beforehand, and buying food there.
7. I should be working on my dissertation.
8. Other than Sam and one other person, I don't know anyone who's going very well.
9. The TOILETS. :yikes:

Reasons Glastonbury is good:
1. Sam will be there.
2. Starsailor will be there.
3. Other bands will be there.
4. Yeah, can't think of anything else.

I think you should go..I'm going for the 1st time this year, even though I've been meaning to for the last 12 years.

Remember that everybody that comes back from Glasto keeps going on about how amazing it is..without fail. Even the ones that worried about the mud/rain/sun/toliets before they went..

Plus they have lots of facilities and assistance for people with babies and children, so I'm sure you'll manage.

Cheers,
Jim

Sorry I just read your mail again and remembered that 'baby wipes' don't mean baby..! Those things would be a God-send at Glasonbury. And somebody showed me this gel stuff that you can use to clean without water!

(mental note: preperation is key!) :)

the money and school work are the only good reasons not to go.

I would think it would be a good fun life experience if you can afford it and give up a few days of school work.

Just make the decision that you feel most comfortable with.

Last edited:
I know we've talked about this some, but not about the toliets - if you could manage the ones at T, you'll be fine at Glasto. YOu can find even better facilities there - there are REAL toliets in one location, and the long drops are the way to go if you can't get there. They have places to wash your face, hair, etc - just stick your head under the spout, you'll want to when it gets hot anyway. Also, the biggest 'pro' for glasto that I didn't see on your list is the atmosphere. It's SO much more than T - without the bands, T would be nothing. Without the bands, glasto still would be a really fun time. :shrug: I'll call you when you get your tarot cards read. ;) Seriously though, there's so much to explore and do there...I SO wish it would've worked out, you have no idea...
DiGi's right though, in the end, you have to do what you are most comfortable with - don't worry about anyone else's expectations.

jkayet said:
I know we've talked about this some, but not about the toliets - if you could manage the ones at T, you'll be fine at Glasto. YOu can find even better facilities there - there are REAL toliets in one location, and the long drops are the way to go if you can't get there. They have places to wash your face, hair, etc - just stick your head under the spout, you'll want to when it gets hot anyway.

Yeah, but I can't do that with my hair because I NEED a curling iron or hairdryer for my bangs. Also, I think Glastonbury will be at a bad time of the month....:uhoh: I just get REALLY, REALLY depressed about looking awful, and with only knowing two people there it would just be too much to handle. :crazy:

Jim said:
Sorry I just read your mail again and remembered that 'baby wipes' don't mean baby..! Those things would be a God-send at Glasonbury. And somebody showed me this gel stuff that you can use to clean without water!

(mental note: preperation is key!) :)

That stuff is BRILLIANT!!!! :yes: :yes:

Sorry to hear you sold your ticket Meggie :hug: I want to take my straightners inter-railing and my friend told me I was an eejit and would probably sell my soul to the devil before I'd leave them at home :uhoh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom