Should i buy an iPod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, this is a no-memory battery, there is no need to fully discharge, and in fact, don't fully discharge it (leave 1 stick of life) ever.

I'll tell you what the problem was when I first got the iPod and the battery was hearing its first complaints. The deal was that in Canada, there were no Apple stores, so I would have to ship my iPod in its box to China (which would cost me about $40 for a package of that size with a tracking service), and then pay $169 + 15% sales tax for them to replace the battery - notice, just replace it, not give me a new iPod), which means I would have spent about $250, waited around a month only to get an old iPod with a new battery in it when a new generation iPod (improved in every way) would have cost me $399. Now you tell me if that makes sense, and that's why people complained, the fact was that it made more sense to just buy a new one. It's not until recently that Apple started flat out replacing the iPods with dead batteries.

bsp77 said:

I you read that, what you said earlier about charging is untrue. You do NOT need to fully discharge and then charge. They actually advise against doing it except on occassion. So charge whenever you want.

Yeah...I have to take back what I said earlier. Lithium Ion batteries tend to throw out the old conventional wisdom when it comes to rechargeable batteries!

That's good, really, because all that automatic recharging when you hook it up via USB/Firewire would otherwise hurt it, when, in fact, it's quite helpful.

Melon

so far i've raised $26.80 for my iPod fund and that's only been after a couple of days. i figure on average it will take me about 12 weeks to scrape up $300, which is fine.

Back
Top Bottom