Should I?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
I want to go to Ireland desperately. However, there's not a hope in hell for me to get there on my own cash for a vacation any time soon.

So I was thinking of applying for a working holiday visa through a program called SWAP.

It'd be a big hunk of time though to save up the cash to go (the Irish government recommends having at least $2000 when you leave, to cover you until you find a job), and I currently have a grand total of 92 cents in my bank account.

:hmm:

im going back to eastern europe. it's way cheaper, plus it's more interesting.

and that's a fact. :wink:

well it's not a permanent job. basically as i said it's a working holiday visa. it's good for a year, so you go and find a job in one spot, stay there for a month or two (or longer or shorter if you want) then you can move on to whereever you want.

like if i started i'd probably get a job in dublin first for a couple of months, then move on to somewhere like galway or sligo for a month or two, then to derry for 3 months, cork for 2 months, etc.

*WOW* If you have that opportunity, definately take advantage of it...I just found out that I can buy tix to Ireland in June for $865 round trip, from California..of course rates change all the time, plus Ill probably work 2 jobs to save and plus Play the lotto like crazy!:|

i should be able to make it...that involves getting a job immediately though. that'd cut into my schooling.

its a small step from 92 cents to 2000 slammers

I made the decision today.

I'm going. I'm leaving at the beginning of May 2005 and staying until at least the end of August 2005 (although I can stay up to a year if I absolutely love it).

I'm going to start looking for a job on Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I'm so flippin' excited right now, because that lines right up with U2's European leg...Croke Park, here I come!!! :D

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom