shortage of #2's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
It turns out that when regular gas prices top $2 a gallon, it can be a pain for station owners, too — sometimes there aren't enough twos to go around for their signs.

As average prices for regular unleaded topped the $2 mark in Nashville yesterday, there's been a growing demand for the number 2 from some convenience-store and gas-station owners, said Bobby Joslin of Joslin and Son Sign Co.

''The large numbers cost about $150 each, so stores don't keep a large inventory of them around,'' Joslin said yesterday.

http://tennessean.com/business/archives/05/03/67044704.shtml?Element_ID=67044704

there's one gas station in oklahoma that was charging $1.99 a gallon. why, you ask?

could it be that they got really cheap gas?

could it be that they were wanting to pull in more customers and hope mass quantities would pull a profit?

naah..

their old pumps only had a 1 in the dollar slot. so it couldn't go past $1.99 :wink: although that was in the news a few days ago, they've probably received their new pumps by now (they mentioned in the story they'd ordered new pumps). they were the old kind from the 70s, so you can see why it could go past $1.99.

that happened here within recent years; they were able to reset the meters and dispense 3/4 gal. of gas at $1.99 ... so it all works out! those guys have it all figured out! :down:

I've saved cash by filing up when the tank his 3/8's full; 5/8's empty...:)

mikal said:
lol, before i opened this thread, i thought it was about a pencil shortage.

So did I :lol:

Ok gas is $2.69 here.. for regular unleaded! :mad:

Petrol here is $AUD1.07 per litre ($0.83USD per litre) and I thought that was expensive:|

Actually, if I did my calculations right, it is!

1L is about 0.26 gallons. So for a gallon of petrol we pay $3.32USD:mad:

(I'm not a mathematician so this could be horribly wrong)

Last edited:
Gas has dropped to (as far as I can tell) a low of $2.05 around here. Which means it may be back to below $2.00 in NJ; when I was in Denville, NJ on Sunday, gas was going for $2.04 when it was about $2.15 here.

pax, gas here is about the same as it is there. it's like $2.07 or something like that. although it can be higher depending on where in the city you go. luckily, i happen to work in an area where gas prices are lower. :up:

I like how in Iowa the type of gas that's usually mid-priced (forgive me, I've never owned a car, I have no clue what it's called) is made of corn so it's the cheapest.

Back
Top Bottom