Shoot me, I?m Swedish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Olofski

The Fly
Belarus! What is wrong with the world! Sweden is an ambaressement to ice-hockey!

This Olympics is the worst ever! Ice-hockey is my darling-sport, and what happens?

Belarus wins over us, and what a goal. Ohhhhhhh, Salo how could you? Thje whole Swedish team sucked big time!

So in short:
Shoot me, I?m Swedish!

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways

hey now, altough they got a lucky bounce - off of Salo's head
smile.gif
doesn't make them a bad team.

For any team to play against Sweden and keep it close to the end - stoppin 44 shots I think was more than luck.

Granted Sweden didn't play it's best game but don't say the Belarus sucks - they had just as much right to be there and have some decent players as well.

Just wait until the next 4 years roll around and the NHL is nowhere to be found then we'll see you is the best. Belarus has a jump of that one I'd say.

Hey I'm Cdn and we lost to Sweden but I wouldn't say we sucked. tsk tsk be proud
smile.gif
but I have to say that cause if we lose againt them I want it to be because the beter team won not because they got lucky and we suck
smile.gif

I qoute Mats Sundin:
"Belarus is a team that we should beat 10 games out of 10"

With players like the Swedish has, we shouldn?t loose a single game against Belarus. I mean in the upcoming World Championship in Sweden, Belarus isn?t even represented. That says a WHOLE lot. I?m not saying that Belarus didn?t win fair, cause they were thebetter team. BUT Sweden should beat Belarus 10 times out of 10, with those players. Sweden was playing the worst hockey I?ve seen them play ever(I?m only 21 but still)

Some of Belarus best players play in the Swedish SECOND division! I?m not saying that Belarus got lucky, but Sweden played frekkin horrible hockey last nite.

As for the prediction that Belarus will be a contender I?m having problems seeing that. Sweden, Finland, Russia, Czheck Rep and Slovakia will be the BIG European teams for a very very long time ahead. The Swedish league is considered the second best league in the world and Belarus doesn?t have a single player there so I really don?t see that happening.

But trust me, no one would be happier if Belarus could clinch a medal in Salt Lake. Maybe the Belarus president Lukashenko...

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways

The swedish so-called players should use the bielorussians flighttickets and stay there! In moments like these I?m ashamed to be a swede.

my oh my my my

I guess us Canadians are alot more forgiving and accepting of our losses and shortcomings....that's probably why we usually suck
biggrin.gif

Oh well I tried
smile.gif

Originally posted by WhackaMole:
my oh my my my

I guess us Canadians are alot more forgiving and accepting of our losses and shortcomings....that's probably why we usually suck
biggrin.gif

Oh well I tried
smile.gif

let's hope we don't have to test our level of forgiveness.

I think one reason why we react why we do is because this Olympic games haven't really been good for us. Noone of the swedish competitors in any event has been close to their usual standard and left us with not just less result than usual but really bad ones.

We have always been able to count on the hockey team for at least a medal, if not a gold one. And hockey is a swedish national sport, just like curling is for Canada (what I've understand). So when noone else have even come close to a medal, or even a top ten result when they normally fight among the top three, our only hope was left to the hockey team.

I'm usually a real optimist and tries to see things from the bright side. I always watch sports event, specially the olympics, and follows it as much as I can but I really start to hesitate to watch because I don't know if I can take another failure, it hurts me. I won't blame the competitors but it's strange that the swedish ones NEVER do there best results in big competitions when all others countries do. Look at norway... is it 20 medals so far??? Even Australia which is a "summer country" has two golds and Sweden which is a winter country has three bronze and one silver and not many chances left to take any more medals.

But we might get a medal in hockey anyway, thanks to one team showing better results then expected, for a change, the womens team in hockey.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom