shocking news about coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
NEWSFLASH... THIS JUST IN

coldplay doesn't actually sound like u2.
ap newswire

the ap is now reporting that british act coldplay actually doesn't sound anything like u2 and never have. when asked for reasons, a spokesman simply said "we've discovered that the majority of coldplay songs are actually piano based."

the news has sent shockwaves through the music industry. interscope records chairman jimmy iovine had this to say

"all these years i thought that bono actually played piano. and low and behold today i find out that he can barely even play his guitar. i am shocked at this news."

:ohmy:

This is going to be a big revelation to a lot of people! Thanks to Headache for breaking this story :wink:

Seriously though, good on ya.

This just in, though... The U2-comparers are going to get all riled up about this.

Guess who is set to direct the 'Talk' video?

:ohmy:

Anton Corbijn

Most of the coldplay songs are piano based.........................
Ehm..........., How many U2 songs does Edge write on the piano???
Just an obvious question.........................

I'm not sure, but how many songs have a prominent piano melody when they're recorded?

And as soon as I saw the Anton Corbijn news on NME I thought of this forum straight away :p

That article is a lie. :tsk:

Bono is probably the greatest guitar player on the planet today.

U2girl said:
Of course their guitar player sounds nothing like Edge.

Now, that's a good point. No one can deny that Edge's guitar playing has inspired that guy a bit. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, though. We all love Edge's guitar playing, don't we?

U2girl said:
Of course their guitar player sounds nothing like Edge.

Well, nothing like Edge is a bit exaggerated, Johnny´s definitely a huge fan of The Edge, is quite undeniable, You feel it evry string he picks, although I like the ones who get inspired by Edge
:wink:

U2Man said:

What do you mean?

Let me see, borrowing off the sound of a certain U2 era, Bono's hype that Chris Martin used lately, having U2 posters in the studio while recording, having similar imagery, and using the same video director.

I don't mind the guitar player, but saying Coldplay sounds nothing like U2 is stretching the truth.

But aren't things like having U2 posters in the studio while recording not just one big compliment? Don't U2 have posters of Elvis, B.B. King etc. in their studios?

Those were pictures in Sun studios in 1988, and unlike them, U2 never said they thought they were competing with BB King and Elvis when they were making Rattle and Hum.

U2Man said:
That article is a lie. :tsk:

There are probably people on this site who actually believe that. :wink:

indra, i'm sorry but the picture of the church man creeps me out.

he looks like a woodsman. always in the woods, hunting and stuff. probably bears, but i'm not sure.

i hate woodsman. they're way too shifty for my liking.

Originally posted by U2Man

That article is a lie.

indra said:

There are probably people on this site who actually believe that. :wink:

Bono isn't the best guitar player but Bono has better guitar chops/ technique than the Edge. However, Bono has accepted his role as lead singer of U2 and Edge as the "creative driving force of the music."

Back
Top Bottom