shocking news about coldplay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoomerang96 said:
indra, i'm sorry but the picture of the church man creeps me out.

he looks like a woodsman. always in the woods, hunting and stuff. probably bears, but i'm not sure.

i hate woodsman. they're way too shifty for my liking.

one person said she thought he looked like a pottery teacher. :|

I think if he was wandering around in the woods he'd be more apt to be looking for some delightfully illegal plants. He did write a prose poem where the main character was killed and eaten by a deaf bear.... :D (and I always laugh when I read that part... :reject: )

At least you didn't say he looks like Willie Nelson... :grumpy:

Zoomerang96 said:
no.

willie nelson looks like what bono will look like in 20 years.

:yikes:

I think you might be right.... :ohmy:

U2Man said:
But aren't things like having U2 posters in the studio while recording not just one big compliment? Don't U2 have posters of Elvis, B.B. King etc. in their studios?

Well you said it yourself. U2 have a whole bunch of influences.

Coldplay have just one - Unforgettable Fire era U2 - which they have so far failed to emulate.

Yeah, like how they sampled Unforgettable Fire-era U2 on "Talk." Or how I have a bootleg of them doing Unforgettable Fire-era U2's "Lips Like Sugar." Or when they performed Unforgettable Fire-era U2's "Bitter Sweet Symphony" at Live 8 with Unforgettable Fire-era U2's Unforgettable Fire-era Bono.

typhoon said:
Yeah, like how they sampled Unforgettable Fire-era U2 on "Talk." Or how I have a bootleg of them doing Unforgettable Fire-era U2's "Lips Like Sugar." Or when they performed Unforgettable Fire-era U2's "Bitter Sweet Symphony" at Live 8 with Unforgettable Fire-era U2's Unforgettable Fire-era Bono.

Never let it be said that U2 fans are ever narrow minded.:rolleyes:

typhoon said:

I love how pissed off people get if someone criticizes a band.

Flying FuManchu said:

Bono isn't the best guitar player but Bono has better guitar chops/ technique than the Edge. However, Bono has accepted his role as lead singer of U2 and Edge as the "creative driving force of the music."

:coocoo:

financeguy said:

Well you said it yourself. U2 have a whole bunch of influences.

Coldplay have just one - Unforgettable Fire era U2 - which they have so far failed to emulate.

Sorry, but I hear absolutely no U2 in a song such as "Green Eyes"

And sorry again, but your claim that Coldplay only has "Unforgettable Fire era U2" as influence is pure bullshit, pardon my language, but there is no other way to express this. U2 played A LOT of piano on Unforgettable Fire, right?

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:
indra, i'm sorry but the picture of the church man creeps me out.

he looks like a woodsman. always in the woods, hunting and stuff. probably bears, but i'm not sure.

i hate woodsman. they're way too shifty for my liking.

zoomerang, sorry, but you're not really in a position to complain about people in people's avatars :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
well frankly guns n' roses has more piano songs than u2... so maybe coldplay actually ripped off GNR :hmm:

Yeah the Slash influence on Jonny is unmistakable. It won't be long until Jonny is wearing a top hat and has a cig hanging out of his mouth at all times.

inmyplace13 said:

Yeah the Slash influence on Jonny is unmistakable. It won't be long until Jonny is wearing a top hat and has a cig hanging out of his mouth at all times.

and hiding under a mountain of curly Cher hair

"today i find out that he can barely even play his guitar"

:laugh:

jonny1fk.jpg

Photo from the October 28 show in Germany

Back
Top Bottom