Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the funny thing too is, it was all brought on by my trip to atlanta to see duran duran and liam finn! i think it was the driving though because that can aggravate it apparently.

i have to miss earth, wind, and fire. not one of my favourite bands at all, but it might be the only time i can see them, and we already have tickets. my parents are gonna go now :sigh: i said i could go in a wheelchair (which is saying something because i despise wheelchairs) but my mom said no.

OH my God, that reminds me.

My friend was at a Temptations concert the other day.

THE TEMPTATIONS

and she left. ..because she was bored.

Damn her, and her lack of a camera.

are you my ex?

he stood up when we saw the vertigo tour, but that was it. no singing or dancing or anything. and we were so far up we were with the casual fans so they weren't singing either. aside from the shitty encore the setlist was good, but i didn't get to enjoy it as much because i couldn't get into it.

I had seats in the nosebleeds at the first Boston show, and I was pleasantly surprised when everybody around me stood and got into it. Hell, the guy beside me even knew the "still running" bit of RTSS. So much for shitty American crowds. Every seated Aussie crowd I've experienced has been thoroughly worse.

I don't know why anybody would choose to sit, really. It's not a fucking movie, people. It's a rock concert. If you're going to treat it like a movie, buy the fucking DVD and stay home.

OH my God, that reminds me.

My friend was at a Temptations concert the other day.

THE TEMPTATIONS

and she left. ..because she was bored.

Damn her, and her lack of a camera.
boo.

oh well, i get to see crosby, stills, and nash (i hope! it's five days after my second surgery), huey lewis and the news, and the b-52's.

the b-52's i've already seen once. they're great.

:ohmy:

oh noes thats for the PHAIL

if you cant let loose at a u2 concert where can you ??????????

:tsk: :tsk:

I rock out in private but I don't want people to notice me in public. The most I have ever let loose at a concert was a Roger Waters. During Another Brick In The Wall and Bring The Boys Back Home I was singing along and pumping my fist in the air. :reject:

I had seats in the nosebleeds at the first Boston show, and I was pleasantly surprised when everybody around me stood and got into it. Hell, the guy beside me even knew the "still running" bit of RTSS. So much for shitty American crowds. Every seated Aussie crowd I've experienced has been thoroughly worse.

I don't know why anybody would choose to sit, really. It's not a fucking movie, people. It's a rock concert. If you're going to treat it like a movie, buy the fucking DVD and stay home.
lucky :sigh: i really can't complain about my experience though because my tickets were free.

I rock out in private but I don't want people to notice me in public. The most I have ever let loose at a concert was a Roger Waters. During Another Brick In The Wall and Bring The Boys Back Home I was singing along and pumping my fist in the air. :reject:
sooooooo you probably wouldn't like me singing (loudly) in my car to music, along with air drumming?

i do this while driving too btw

oh and if there's a certain thing you're supposed to do during the song, like a movement someone makes in the music video, i do it when i hear the song.

i like making an ass of myself in public, i shouldn't say all the things i do to humiliate myself anywhere and everywhere.

well thats a little better.

im usually too busy having a fanfuckingtastic time moshing out and singing along to give a fuck what people think .

are you my ex?

he stood up when we saw the vertigo tour, but that was it. no singing or dancing or anything. and we were so far up we were with the casual fans so they weren't singing either. aside from the shitty encore the setlist was good, but i didn't get to enjoy it as much because i couldn't get into it.

:lol: Well I went to a Tori Amos concert and these two drunk lesbians were cuddling, sitting on each other and blocking the stage from my view for certain songs. I don't want to become a distraction even a 1/4 as annoying as them. They ruined an amazing show for me. :down:

im usually too busy having a fanfuckingtastic time moshing out and singing along to give a fuck what people think .

Yep. Personally, I bring the energy. I had a few people come up to me after some of the gigs here and remark that I had to be the person most into the gig and they loved being in a crowd with such a good, enthusiastic atmosphere.

:lol: Well I went to a Tori Amos concert and these two drunk lesbians were cuddling, sitting on each other and blocking the stage from my view for certain songs. I don't want to become a distraction even a 1/4 as annoying as them. They ruined an amazing show for me. :down:
ugh, wtf. i hate when people block my view.

oh, i just remembered the one time i sat for a show: when i saw tim finn this spring. everyone else did, and i was in the front row, so to stand would've been rude. i rocked out as much as i could, though. everyone was pretty subdued so i was like moving my feet and singing along...quietly, though.

You know, I get a little nervous at concerts.

I have a terrible fear of crowds, but usually at concerts I'm excited enough that I forget about it, but am still aware of all the people around me, so I'm kinda too scared too move too much,

And Jesus, when Bono got as close to me as he did at the Chicago concert, I got REALLY nervous, and just kinda stopped breathing, which sounds stupid, but it's like, I'm impressed by him, so I don't wanna do something stupid, if that makes sense.

It was worse at the Springsteen concert since I was on the front railing, and Bruce was right in freaking front of me every few seconds. That was terrifying.

So as much as I like to be in GA all the time, right in the middle of things, I get to scared to go beyond a few fist pumps in the air, and quietly singing to myself.

(THe one exception to this was at Edgefest while the Killers and AFI were performing, I completely rocked otu to that, but I also think I was high, I don't know.)

We need to choose a new location. Some options:

- Cumming, Georgia
- Pity Me, County Durham
- Why, Arizona

Anybody got anything else? Who wants to do the thread?

what, making beer ads in here of all places is not allowed? You lie! Then again, you were all discussing religion in fast food. Maybe youse are all wowsers? Yeah, thought so.
:tsk:

dude its tori amos they were doing you a favor . :wink:

The Tom Petty concert was HORRIBLE because of that. It was all floor seating, so I was behind people, fairly far from the stage, but not unbarebly far, and all was well until the people directly in front of me showed up. They were two, drunk, obnoxiously tall frat boys. They were terrible, not only where they tall enough to block my view of the stage, the one directly in front of me kept waving his arms around in the air, blocking the video screens as well, I couldn't see a damn thing, I almost started crying during Free Falling because I was so pissed off that i'd spent all that money at the last minute to see the show.

Finally though I just stood in the aisle to the side, and none of the security guards ever said anything, I think because I wasn't being obnoxious or starting trouble like these drunk girls who were right up on the audio guys were. then I could see the stage perfectly and ti was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom