Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay contains my second favorite guitar work on any Bowie song.

Moonage Daydream takes the top spot.

Stay is fucking awesome. That guitar kicks ass. Bowie's vocals are a little whack, but Slick and Alomar make up for it, big time.

He also claims that he used the same process of recording on Station to Station, Low, "Heores," Lodger, and Scary Monsters.

All of which are good albums, so I suppose it makes sense.

I wonder why he decided to change his methods...:tsk:

Let's Dance started because Bowie recorded China Girl to allow Iggy Pop to get royalties to get some money because he'd gone broke. Probably not the best inspiration for an album.

Modern Love is a great track, but I don't really enjoy any of the rest of it.

:tsk: Italian is a core part of my diet. Definitely some of the finest cuisine on earth, and often so tremendously easy and quick to make. I do need to broaden things more, though, and find new dishes to make. I want cooking to be a bit more exciting than it currently is.

And I know very little about most Asian cuisines because they all seem to use lots of ingredients I'm allergic to! U-Wen's been trying to find some good Chinese to introduce me to, but there ALWAYS seems to be something I can't have.

Yeah, generally if people of the nationality in question go there regularly, it's a bloody good sign. The places Kate wanted to go to ... the only Mexican people there were a couple of underpaid waiters.
i just don't like it :reject: i've had quite a bit of it, though. it's not like i tried spaghetti and claimed italian food sucks. i even tried making my own spaghetti sauce once, totally from scratch. it came out aaaaaaaawful.

ooh yeah, i know what you mean. any food allergies seem to be foods used in asian cuisine a lot. my neighbour was allergic to msg, and of course that's pretty popular in chinese cooking. and me with peanuts, that's a big part of some chinese and thai dishes. i've never been able to try pad thai, which is a shame because it sounds great.

yeah, this is true. everyone at this place, from the owners to the waitstaff to the people who bring the chips and salsa are all mexican. they'll occasionally get one white person who works for them as a waiter, but they usually never stick around. which is a shame, because the latest white waiter they had was really nice.

i just don't like it :reject: i've had quite a bit of it, though. it's not like i tried spaghetti and claimed italian food sucks. i even tried making my own spaghetti sauce once, totally from scratch. it came out aaaaaaaawful.

ooh yeah, i know what you mean. any food allergies seem to be foods used in asian cuisine a lot. my neighbour was allergic to msg, and of course that's pretty popular in chinese cooking. and me with peanuts, that's a big part of some chinese and thai dishes. i've never been able to try pad thai, which is a shame because it sounds great.

yeah, this is true. everyone at this place, from the owners to the waitstaff to the people who bring the chips and salsa are all mexican. they'll occasionally get one white person who works for them as a waiter, but they usually never stick around. which is a shame, because the latest white waiter they had was really nice.

Spaghetti looks faaaar too hard to make. I've been thinking of making my own gnocchi, but I'm not sure it would be cost- or time-effective.

My allergies to eggs, nuts, and fish just totally stuff me around with Asian food. It seems even the stuff that SHOULD be OK is cooked in peanut oil or something really minor but irritating like that.

Honestly, I suspect some of the places I went to were no more Mexican than the stuff I make here. :laugh: It was disappointing, really. And it was just such bland, generic, low quality food anyway. Chain restaurants tend to be made of fail.

Spaghetti looks faaaar too hard to make. I've been thinking of making my own gnocchi, but I'm not sure it would be cost- or time-effective.

My allergies to eggs, nuts, and fish just totally stuff me around with Asian food. It seems even the stuff that SHOULD be OK is cooked in peanut oil or something really minor but irritating like that.

Honestly, I suspect some of the places I went to were no more Mexican than the stuff I make here. :laugh: It was disappointing, really. And it was just such bland, generic, low quality food anyway. Chain restaurants tend to be made of fail.
it is! it took me forever to make the sauce, and it tasted like shit anyway!

huh, you're allergic to peanut oil too? that's unusual for people to be allergic to it.

man, that is sad. oh, you went to chains? that explains it. i'd never eat at a place like on the border and think it's authentic mexican, any more than i'd consider olive garden authentic italian. you haven't lived until your ex's coworker's wife makes tamales for you :drool:

Can it be the most random song ever? :hyper:

I think it'd be hilarious if, before the live stream of the show begins one day, whoever's running the feed plays random U2 covers recorded by Interferencers. I'd do something completely obscure like The Dream Is Over for it.

it is! it took me forever to make the sauce, and it tasted like shit anyway!

huh, you're allergic to peanut oil too? that's unusual for people to be allergic to it.

man, that is sad. oh, you went to chains? that explains it. i'd never eat at a place like on the border and think it's authentic mexican, any more than i'd consider olive garden authentic italian. you haven't lived until your ex's coworker's wife makes tamales for you :drool:

Well, I'm allergic to peanuts, so of course I'm allergic to peanut oil! Just touching peanuts seems to cause me to break out in hives.

Yeah, Kate had very bland, mundane tastes and would just go to these chains that do cheap and nasty food. You know, the kind of place with those over-obvious meals so that you don't need to actually know what anything is properly called. Which reminds me, I got really pissed off with one twit on AIM recently. We were talking about food, and I mentioned gnocchi napoli, to which he retorts with "what? Speak English please!" Fuck you, I won't cater for your ignorance.

This reminds me, I had my iPod on shuffle mode at work and Vertigo by The Interferencers came on and everyone looked at me and said, ......"is that a remix?":lol:

I think it'd be hilarious if, before the live stream of the show begins one day, whoever's running the feed plays random U2 covers recorded by Interferencers. I'd do something completely obscure like The Dream Is Over for it.

Don't know how I'd work it out, but I'd do something only slightly obscure, like...Street Mission :lol:

ETA: I don't even think I KNOW the Dream Is Over :huh:

:drool: i wonder if anyone would still want me to handle the streams for the setlist parties :hmm:

Well, I'm allergic to peanuts, so of course I'm allergic to peanut oil! Just touching peanuts seems to cause me to break out in hives.

Yeah, Kate had very bland, mundane tastes and would just go to these chains that do cheap and nasty food. You know, the kind of place with those over-obvious meals so that you don't need to actually know what anything is properly called. Which reminds me, I got really pissed off with one twit on AIM recently. We were talking about food, and I mentioned gnocchi napoli, to which he retorts with "what? Speak English please!" Fuck you, I won't cater for your ignorance.
ahem:
wikipedia sez...
Commercial peanut oil will not cause an allergic reaction because the allergen is a protein, not a fat; however, the cold pressed and organic oils will. They are presumably less filtered, retaining some peanut proteins for the sake of flavor and nutrition.

:tongue:

that was me when i was younger. then, someone helped me get exposed to other cuisines. now there's no type of cuisine i wouldn't eat, or at least try.

Don't know how I'd work it out, but I'd do something only slightly obscure, like...Street Mission :lol:

ETA: I don't even think I KNOW the Dream Is Over :huh:

The Dream Is Over is a pre-Boy demo I'm quite fond of. It was recorded in December 1979 at the Another Day sessions and was meant to be Another Day's b-side. Its replacement with the demo of Twilight totally baffles me.

Random thought; I noticed that Universal HD (Obviously a high definition channel here in the States) has U2's R&H scheduled to play in a few days and it has it lasting 3 hours....? :shrug:

:drool: i wonder if anyone would still want me to handle the streams for the setlist parties :hmm:

You'd be the ideal person to put this idea into practice. :wink:

ahem:

:tongue:

that was me when i was younger. then, someone helped me get exposed to other cuisines. now there's no type of cuisine i wouldn't eat, or at least try.

Huh. I'd never even risked it, since my encounters with peanuts in any other form had never ended too well.

I won't claim to have any great knowledge of food, but yeah, I'll try just about anything once. New foods are always exciting. Or learning to cook something new as well; I like adding new dinners to what I eat regularly.

The Dream Is Over is a pre-Boy demo I'm quite fond of. It was recorded in December 1979 at the Another Day sessions and was meant to be Another Day's b-side. Its replacement with the demo of Twilight totally baffles me.

U2 question:

Was there any consideration for Life On A Silent Planet to ever get released? They demo'ed it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom