Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the others:

- All Because Of You (All Because It's Bad Mix)
- Miracle Drug (Thoroughly Butchered Mix)
- Numb (No More Dignity Mix)
- The Fly (Squashed Fly Mix)

Why do I still have this stuff!

those are awesome!!!

since the interferers thing isn't going on right now, we should do a superthread cover. i dunno how, but that'd kick ass.

:hug:

I actually wish I had a strong female voice. There are things that only a strong female voice can express.

Me singing Joy Division is when it gets REALLY bad....my friend heard me sing Atmosphere once and almost died laughing.

Thanks. :)

HHSC came out great. Very relaxed, fun. Good harmony vocal.

YBR :der: It was out of my league.

I won't say it was the greatest thing I've ever heard, but I don't believe it's as bad as you make it out to be.

Nice job attempting the falsetto :D

My singing voice is less than spectacular.

It doesn't help that most of my friends refer to it as "Ashley's Man Voice."

:lol:

I hate how my singing voice often sounds so Southern. It makes no fucking sense. When I was in the US, a few of us had this joke of trying to get me to speak in an American accent because I am just so bad at imitating it - but when I try to sing, despite myself, it often comes through strongly!

I won't say it was the greatest thing I've ever heard, but I don't believe it's as bad as you make it out to be.

Nice job attempting the falsetto :D

The falsetto is occasionally really good, and occasionally not. That's what happens when it gets mixed WAY too loudly. The problem with the YBR cover is that the original is a brilliant studio creation with fantastic atmosphere, and this one...yeah. Doesn't have it. Comes across as boring.

I'm going to see if I have any other halfway decent U2 covers. I'll upload them if I do.

The falsetto is occasionally really good, and occasionally not. That's what happens when it gets mixed WAY too loudly. The problem with the YBR cover is that the original is a brilliant studio creation with fantastic atmosphere, and this one...yeah. Doesn't have it. Comes across as boring.

I'm going to see if I have any other halfway decent U2 covers. I'll upload them if I do.

I liked the Adam vocals a lot too, I think it was pretty good

I'll record a couple of tracks for the Superthread at some point. Probably Staring at the Sun, Slow Dancing, and Walk On or something.

since the interferers thing isn't going on right now, we should do a superthread cover. i dunno how, but that'd kick ass.

That would be awesome.

Actually, I've thought we need to put together a "bootleg" of the Kunstmuseum gig. We'd take what we can from real U2 performances, and for stuff that's never been done, add it ourselves. The snippetry madness in Bad would be great fun.

That would be awesome.

Actually, I've thought we need to put together a "bootleg" of the Kunstmuseum gig. We'd take what we can from real U2 performances, and for stuff that's never been done, add it ourselves. The snippetry madness in Bad would be great fun.

I'll record an acoustic version of No Line on the Horizon. It will be badass.

That would be awesome.

the best live version of Bad ever definitely needs to be available in audio form

We can add in little things to make some tracks seem real. Right before Flower Child, someone needs to yell "Fucking Flower Child!" and just have someone pretend to be Bono and say, "Oh, alright."

Yeah, Slow Dancing is such an underrated song.

Probably part of the reason it's under-rated is because U2 never properly released it. Come on, guys, give us a full band version without Willie fucking Nelson ruining it.

Oh god, NLOTH would be hilarious no matter how it's done.

New lyrics and everything!

When I look out into the sea
There's nothing there for me to see
It's almost as if the setting sun
Has left no line on the horizon

We can add in little things to make some tracks seem real. Right before Flower Child, someone needs to yell "Fucking Flower Child!" and just have someone pretend to be Bono and say, "Oh, alright."

I'll pretend to be Bono before One Tree Hill and do my worst Irish accent for the "One speech".

My recordings list has:

Moonage Daydream Take One
Moonage Daydream Take Two
Moonage Daydream Electric Guitar Only
Hang on to Yourself Electric Guitar Only
Lady Stardust Acoustic
Wish You Were Here Acoustic

And the rest is instrumental samplings from songs I've been working on.

New lyrics and everything!

When I look out into the sea
There's nothing there for me to see
It's almost as if the setting sun
Has left no line on the horizon

When my soul is heavy
I ease the weight by kneeling
And now I'm blessedly on my knees
And can see no line on the horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back