Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, LM, did I ever send you my re-recorded version of Moonage Daydream? I distinctly remember the first one having shit vocals, and I did re-record it. Not sure if you have that.

I personally didn't think the vocals were shit, but that's how you described them. :lol: It had to have been that version.

I personally didn't think the vocals were shit, but that's how you described them. :lol: It had to have been that version.

I think I did the wail Bowie did during the live versions and cracked my voice. I did a second one where my voice didn't crack.

I'm uploading a couple of my more recent U2 covers. Fuck PMing, I don't really care who downloads them.

I haven't recorded anything in about two weeks, aside from an instrumental acoustic track which I still need to write lyrics for.

I think I did the wail Bowie did during the live versions and cracked my voice. I did a second one where my voice didn't crack.

Nope, I didn't hear the second version. Were the just vocals changed, or was it a completely different performance?

It's me doing it in the same style, just a second time. I sent it to you, anyway.

I promise you, your ears will burn off.

I should re-record Bullet though. I think I have a bit more control over my singing voice nowadays and out of everything, I can sing that song the best. "Best" being a very relative thing here ...

Can't wait for the Phail band meeting, since I'm meant to sing and play guitar. :laugh:

Phail is gonna be awesome. I think I'm playing bass and singing lead for Mystic Alpacas.

I don't think I've recorded myself singing for about three years. This is a good thing for humanity's continued existence.

Though the very earliest recordings of me singing when I was about 15 or 16 ... they make what Khan's got sound like masterpieces. I did this cover of Seconds that nobody ever deserves to suffer.

:lol: At least you don't sing like me. I wish I could record it in good quality. It literally sounds like Morrissey on helium. It has his quality of ceasing to sound like words and starts to sound like someone being disturbed while asleep.
:lmao: i'm terrible, i don't even know what i sound like. someone who can't sing, i guess.

and i was in chorus in middle and high school!

I don't think I've recorded myself singing for about three years. This is a good thing for humanity's continued existence.

Though the very earliest recordings of me singing when I was about 15 or 16 ... they make what Khan's got sound like masterpieces. I did this cover of Seconds that nobody ever deserves to suffer.
ugh, i have to hear that now!

It's me doing it in the same style, just a second time. I sent it to you, anyway.

Nice.

WYWH cover was good, BTW. Your voice had a passion to it that really made the lyrics sound meaningful. Guitar was good too. Only a couple mistakes that I heard.

Phail is gonna be awesome. I think I'm playing bass and singing lead for Mystic Alpacas.

Your Mystic Alpacas need to come and tour Australia with Phail. We'll play all the cool locations that rockin' bands go, like trams and my backyard ...

:lmao: i'm terrible, i don't even know what i sound like. someone who can't sing, i guess.

and i was in chorus in middle and high school!

At least you can blend in chorus. Well one hopes at least.

It is funny the only songs I can actually sing okay are the falsetto's of The Fly, Lemon and Numb. :lol: Also Psycho Killer by Talking Heads. :wink:

Nice.

WYWH cover was good, BTW. Your voice had a passion to it that really made the lyrics sound meaningful. Guitar was good too. Only a couple mistakes that I heard.

I'm literally just recording these on Sound Recorder, so they're all in one take, nothing over-dubbed or added together. Makes it frustrating, sometimes. Also, my mic sucks.

I played it to Prom Girl and she didn't believe it was my actual voice. She thinks I sounded a lot like David Gilmour, which surprised me.

For those interested, here are my U2 covers. I highly recommend the Hallelujah Here She Comes cover. YBR is pretty meh. The vocal is the only thing that's better than average. I wish I could go back in time and punch myself in the face for choosing the guitar tone I did for the solo at the end.

Hallelujah, Here She Comes
Your Blue Room

ugh, i have to hear that now!

Oh god, I just discovered a whole swag of stuff on my external hard drive that I'd forgotten I'd recorded. The file of Seconds is named "Seconds (Make It Stop Mix)". There's stuff like God Part II, Miracle Drug, and The Fly here too. :lmao:

we should do a superthread location tour!

YES.

I can't wait to play Brest Railway Museum, personally. The airfare to Belarus might cost a lot, but it'd be worth it! We've got to take our music to the world.

Oh dear, here's the cover of Lady Stardust I recorded with only half a voice. This is brutal.

My singing voice is less than spectacular.

It doesn't help that most of my friends refer to it as "Ashley's Man Voice."

:laugh: Make It Stop Mix, love it.

Some of the others:

- All Because Of You (All Because It's Bad Mix)
- Miracle Drug (Thoroughly Butchered Mix)
- Numb (No More Dignity Mix)
- The Fly (Squashed Fly Mix)

Why do I still have this stuff!

Some of the others:

- All Because Of You (All Because It's Bad Mix)
- Miracle Drug (Thoroughly Butchered Mix)
- Numb (No More Dignity Mix)
- The Fly (Squashed Fly Mix)

Why do I still have this stuff!

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (Really, Please Do Mix)?

For those interested, here are my U2 covers. I highly recommend the Hallelujah Here She Comes cover. YBR is pretty meh. The vocal is the only thing that's better than average. I wish I could go back in time and punch myself in the face for choosing the guitar tone I did for the solo at the end.

Hallelujah, Here She Comes
Your Blue Room

Oh man ElMel :bow: HHSC!
listening to YBR now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom