Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto.

Maybe you should participate in the Interferers version of Fire, Ax :wink:

There is actually an MP3 of it, and it once got played as pre-show music prior to a setlist party. I still have the recording and I imagine Khan does too because she's evil.

You did a line in the Interferer version of Discotheque, and you sound like you're doing a poor imitation of a southern US resident. Was that intentional?

I just realized that Roy Bittan plays piano on my two favorite albums: Born to Run and Station to Station.

I'm planning on listening to all of U2's albums again when the new album is closer to release.

I've actually been doing that lately, what with all the roadtripping I've been doing. It's interesting how you're in this little bubble, rolling through hills, mountains, and forests, and how such a journey can help you uncover lovely little gems hidden within these albums that you've never noticed before. That and, listening to music on an iPod, on your computer, and in your car are completely different experiences altogether.

Oh man, if Axver still had that around...it must be worth something by now.

I still have my entire piss-take covers album, actually.

NEW ZEALAND > YOU
1. Exit
2. Fire
3. The Sound Of Muzak (Porcupine Tree)
4. Numb
5. Bullet The Blue Sky
6. They Walked In Line (Joy Division)
7. My Generation (The Who)
8. History Never Repeats (Split Enz)
9. Four Seasons In One Day (Crowded House)
10. God Defend New Zealand
11. 40

I'm probably going to record a U2 cover soon to send around to you guys.

Khan, YLB, and LM have all heard my Wish You Were Here cover.

I'm probably going to record a U2 cover soon to send around to you guys.

Khan, YLB, and LM have all heard my Wish You Were Here cover.

Actually, I haven't heard your Wish You Were Here cover. I've heard your Moonage Daydream and John Frusciante covers though.

You did a line in the Interferer version of Discotheque, and you sound like you're doing a poor imitation of a southern US resident. Was that intentional?

Somewhat. My singing does have an unfortunate tendency to go Southern, mainly because I over-emphasise 'r'. Sometimes I do that intentionally for laughs, which was the case with the Interferers thing.

Actually, I haven't heard your Wish You Were Here cover. I've heard your Moonage Daydream and John Frusciante covers though.

Well, Frusciante and WYWH were at the same gig you viewed.

I can send you the wav file I sent to Khan via e-mail.

i wanna hear Ax sing!

I promise you, your ears will burn off.

I should re-record Bullet though. I think I have a bit more control over my singing voice nowadays and out of everything, I can sing that song the best. "Best" being a very relative thing here ...

Can't wait for the Phail band meeting, since I'm meant to sing and play guitar. :laugh:

By the way, LM, did I ever send you my re-recorded version of Moonage Daydream? I distinctly remember the first one having shit vocals, and I did re-record it. Not sure if you have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom