Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yea, I could never live far from the bay. I like other parts of the province immensely, but it gets so fucking hot in the summer. At least here, we can go out by the bay, where it's always a few degrees cooler especially if the fogs in.. and it usually is

We're the third foggiest city in Canada. 98 days a year, socked in with the stuff. Nature's air conditioner

Ha, and where's the foggiest then? One statistic I remember about the Gold Coast is that it has something like 250+ days of sunshine a year. Uh, no thanks. As for fog, I just wish I had a better camera so that I could do some really cool photography in those conditions.

What did you think of the recent HQ clip, Ax-2-the-max?

Eh, it's hard to tell anything really substantial. I've only played it a couple of times and I don't think I can really draw much from it. My quiet optimism about the next album is at least still intact. Have you listened to it?

Naturally, Vancouver is the least foggiest. Likely the least cold in the winter and the least bit of snow..

What, it only gets down to -50C and six feet of snow there? Positively warm for you. :wink:

Yea, I've only had a couple listen throughs of the clip but I quite like it. I think, at this point, we're ready for just about anything.

I'm just really hoping that that earlier beach clip that had the chorus "All my life I've been waiting for this moment I'm in" is on the album. I love that little snippet :heart:

One of the songs is rumoured to be Moment Of Surrender, right? :hmm: Maybe that's the song....

Oh, I've been having dreams lately about the end of the world and various catastrophes and at the end of a particularly bad dream, a bit of humour. Edge was sitting on a bench talking to this guy, looked like Steve Lillywhite but with dark hair. He was explaining to this guy how he wasn't looking forward to going to Hanover Quay that day because all the toilets were plugged. :lmao:

Last night, I dreamt Edge was about 6'7 and built like a friggin wrestler :giggle:

I wish I could find my ICQ number, that would be exciting :lol:

and khan, did you send me those files, j/w cause i need to send Phanan my links

Yea, I've only had a couple listen throughs of the clip but I quite like it. I think, at this point, we're ready for just about anything.

I'm just really hoping that that earlier beach clip that had the chorus "All my life I've been waiting for this moment I'm in" is on the album. I love that little snippet :heart:

One of the songs is rumoured to be Moment Of Surrender, right? :hmm: Maybe that's the song....

Oh, I've been having dreams lately about the end of the world and various catastrophes and at the end of a particularly bad dream, a bit of humour. Edge was sitting on a bench talking to this guy, looked like Steve Lillywhite but with dark hair. He was explaining to this guy how he wasn't looking forward to going to Hanover Quay that day because all the toilets were plugged. :lmao:

Last night, I dreamt Edge was about 6'7 and built like a friggin wrestler :giggle:

The clip didn't really set my world on fire, but there's got to be much more to the song than what we can hear, and what we can hear at least doesn't sound like Stuck In A Moment dreadfulness, so here's hoping for the best. And yeah, I too loved All My Life and I hope that shows up in some form or another. I wonder if any of those 2006 clips (besides the obvious of Can You See? becoming WITS) will see any form of release. I was also keen on I Believe.

:laugh: That's hilarious! I think U2 have only once been in my dreams - though I almost never remember my dreams. I referenced this one earlier in the thread, actually. U2 played a gig at my high school's hall, and at the end, Bono literally comes sprinting up to me, leaping up steps to get to where I was sitting, and urgently tells me that the "city song" on HTDAAB (which was then a few months from release) will be about Kansas City. Then I woke up and thought "WTF?"

Listening to Station to Station is fucking awesome.

The title track is made of SuperWin, for sure.

I'm listening to Spiritualized's Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space right now, since it's hyped so much by certain people that I thought I should get around to hearing it. Not quite what I expected it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom