Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, this reminds me. Apparently Axver prompted one of the ads that appeared above the old thread:

wineet4.jpg

:lmao:

I should point my father towards that site ...

These people have sworn to live and die at my command two hundred years before you were born. Do you mean he never told you the tale? To amuse your Captain, no? Never told you how the Enterprise picked up the Botany Bay lost in space from the year 1996 with myself and ship's company in cryogenic freeze?

I never even met Admiral Kirk.

Why the hell would there be carrots? :huh:

I probably haven't even eaten carrot for about four years.

:shrug: Just trying to prove my theory that regardless of when you last ate carrots, there's ALWAYS some that come out in your vomit. :yes:

Oh, and for future reference. I'd like you all to take note that when you are not really drunk, and probably only suffering the effects of bad food :wink:, the toilet is NOT a dual washing machine/toilet and vomit should not be considered detergent before pushing the 'button' for the rinse cycle.....:angel:

*cough*

ETA....do you see any correlation between your lack or carrot intake and your legally blind status??? :giggle: :wink:

Oh, we're on a good path here.

"Admiral? Admiral? Admiral... Never told you how 'Admiral' Kirk sent seventy of us into exile in this barren sandheap with only the contents of this cargo bay to sustain us? "

I can feel it coming...

"You lie! On Ceti Alpha V there was life! A fair chance..."

That is really sad. Carrots are my second favourite vegetable.

I also started to say that they're good for your health, but you're really beyond help as far as that goes.

I despise carrots. Carrots and pumpkins. I can think of very little food that is less appetising.

1. Because you highly praised every list, every time, regardless of how it fit your tastes. There had to be a list or two you genuinely didn't care for. This did not appear to be the case.

2. No. I think you were just being kind. For whatever reason, the vast majority of the people you analyzed were female. Don't ask me why. It's probably something you should ask yourself. :wink:

I completely respect your opinion and honestly you can think of me in any way you want. I feel the need to tastefully defend myself.

1. I doubt Axver remembers this but we were talking during one of the games and I said you could find something good about any playlist. I have actually said to people that something wasn't in my tastes but I still found something good about them. You all laugh when I see the good in people. Well I see the good in every playlist. I respect the differences and perspectives of other people even if we don't share the same tastes. In the future I only plan and talking about the good in people's playlists.

2. I actually talked about this in the thread before. I just feel that day that this person deserves to get some mention. I would also mention that I am way more comfortable talking to women than men. So it is faster and easier to write something about a woman. I have a whole lot to say to the men here too. Axver for example might be the longest entry of anyone's.

I think I'm only going to beable to put up with about 20 more minutse of Mr. Smith, we'll go on from there

I love it

"This is Ceti Alpha V!!!"

Arguably my favorite Khan moment of the film, apart from what we've already mentioned and this unforgettable section...

"Khan, you bloodsucker! You're gonna have to do your own dirty work now, do you hear me? Do you!?"

We need the looks on Khan's face for this, actually.

Arguably my favorite Khan moment of the film, apart from what we've already mentioned and this unforgettable section...

"Khan, you bloodsucker! You're gonna have to do your own dirty work now, do you hear me? Do you!?"

We need the looks on Khan's face for this, actually.

I'm the one that made you hunt down the exact photo....when he assumes that Kirk is dead, then first hears his voice....his look of incredulity is priceless. G-d bless that movie.

Carrots I'm fond of. In a stir-fry in which their taste is hidden.

Otherwise I'll pass.

Pumpkin I sometimes love, sometimes hate. As part of a larger meal, eg, a roast, it's good.

Speaking of foods, I'm off to cook some dinner.

:shrug: Just trying to prove my theory that regardless of when you last ate carrots, there's ALWAYS some that come out in your vomit. :yes:

Oh, and for future reference. I'd like you all to take note that when you are not really drunk, and probably only suffering the effects of bad food :wink:, the toilet is NOT a dual washing machine/toilet and vomit should not be considered detergent before pushing the 'button' for the rinse cycle.....:angel:

*cough*

ETA....do you see any correlation between your lack or carrot intake and your legally blind status??? :giggle: :wink:

Heh, no, no sign of carrot I'm afraid. Cheese and crackers and that's it. Seems like my body loved the wine though - not even a hint of it. When I woke up, I actually thought I had vomited due to drunkenness, but the lack of a hangover and the distinct smell of cheese quickly indicated otherwise. I KNEW I should've just tossed that cheese, but it seemed like a waste and I cut off the side that had gone bad in the belief that the rest was fine (I wish I could excuse that due to drunkenness, but I'd had just one glass of port before performing surgery on the cheese).

And I'll keep that advice in mind. :laugh:

Also, the carrots = good vision thing is just an old wives' tale. Now, you may be someone's wife despite Ian's fantasies to the contrary, but you're not old yet, so don't go spreading spurious stories about my vision. :wink:

I'm the one that made you hunt down the exact photo....when he assumes that Kirk is dead, then first hears his voice....his look of incredulity is priceless. G-d bless that movie.

Haha, I remember that. I think I screencapped two different sections before getting it right.

Carrots I'm fond of. In a stir-fry in which their taste is hidden.

Otherwise I'll pass.

Pumpkin I sometimes love, sometimes hate. As part of a larger meal, eg, a roast, it's good.

Speaking of foods, I'm off to cook some dinner.

I've never had pumpkin by itself

Pumpkin pie and Pumpkin seeds however :drool:

And pumpkin milkshakes, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spiced coffee, pumpkin pancakes, etc.

I make it my mission in life to try EVERYTHING with pumpkin in it.

:hmm: all this carrot hate...i for one love carrots, raw and cooked.

pumpkin i still don't totally care for. come thanksgiving, i make pumpkin pie since everyone likes that. i tried making pumpkin hot chocolate once. it was...interesting.

I completely respect your opinion and honestly you can think of me in any way you want. I feel the need to tastefully defend myself.

1. I doubt Axver remembers this but we were talking during one of the games and I said you could find something good about any playlist. I have actually said to people that something wasn't in my tastes but I still found something good about them. You all laugh when I see the good in people. Well I see the good in every playlist. I respect the differences and perspectives of other people even if we don't share the same tastes. In the future I only plan and talking about the good in people's playlists.

2. I actually talked about this in the thread before. I just feel that day that this person deserves to get some mention. I would also mention that I am way more comfortable talking to women than men. So it is faster and easier to write something about a woman. I have a whole lot to say to the men here too. Axver for example might be the longest entry of anyone's.

1. This is all well and good, but it's not how your "criticisms" come across at all. LMP can back me up on this one. Often times, you simply pick and choose the two or three things about the list, shine it in the best light possible, and move along. That's not constructive criticism. There's a difference between seeing the good in someone and patting them on the head in spite of themselves.

2. No big deal. You can write about whoever you wish to. That particular comment in my review is rather throwaway; don't take it to heart. :) The rest, yes, you should.

The flavor of pumpkin grew on me as I aged. Pumpkin pie made me gag when I was about 7.

Opposite for me, funnily enough. Pumpkin soup used to be my favourite soup when I was little, and I remember having and enjoying carrot sticks as part of my morning teas at school when I was in J2 (6 years old). Went right off both by the time I was eleven. I have occasionally had pumpkin soup and sort of enjoyed it, but I'd rather almost any other soup and I can't stand the stuff in any other form.

1. This is all well and good, but it's not how your "criticisms" come across at all. LMP can back me up on this one. Often times, you simply pick and choose the two or three things about the list, shine it in the best light possible, and move along. That's not constructive criticism. There's a difference between seeing the good in someone and patting them on the head in spite of themselves.
i'm not lmp, but i'm still backing you up. i know personally, i'd rather someone tell me the good and the bad. you think my playlist is diverse, thanks, please tell me so. but if the flow sucks, i'd want to know that too so i could work on it next time, instead of thinking my playlists are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom