Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
let me guess, eventually, robins came?

Oh God, blatant foreshadowing :love:

Damn right they did.

I'm still torn about that movie. Like I said before, Lynch's visual sense is fucking brilliant and some of those scenes were excellent... but it just didn't gel with me. I was uncomfortable through most of it, which was the intent, I'm sure, but that made it a frustrating watch. Any scene with Jeffrey and Sandy was fucking ridiculous... maybe tarnished by certain things I've read before.

Damn right they did.

I'm still torn about that movie. Like I said before, Lynch's visual sense is fucking brilliant and some of those scenes were excellent... but it just didn't gel with me. I was uncomfortable through most of it, which was the intent, I'm sure, but that made it a frustrating watch. Any scene with Jeffrey and Sandy was fucking ridiculous... maybe tarnished by certain things I've read before.

What kind of movie is it? Maybe I'll check it out, honestly everytime I hear the title, I always think it's a beach blanket movie

I knew Yueh's wife. I was the one who broke his Imperial conditioning. I've thought of many pleasures with you. It is perhaps better that you die in the innards of a worm. Desire clouds my reason. That is not good. That is bad.

Why are you going to prolong the inevitable? I will kill you!

What kind of movie is it? Maybe I'll check it out, honestly everytime I hear the title, I always think it's a beach blanket movie

It's a kind of film noir-ish, sexual thriller.

I understood where it was coming from though: dreamers wishing to break out of suburban mediocrity and tranquility and TRANSCEND, only to get wrapped up into a creepy-ass criminal underworld... only the whole motivation to get there just didn't gel with me. I can do fantastic and surreal in films, that's all fine and dandy, but when it tries to act within the confines of a normal world, then I can't be fully behind it.

It's a kind of film noir-ish, sexual thriller.

I understood where it was coming from though: dreamers wishing to break out of suburban mediocrity and tranquility and TRANSCEND, only to get wrapped up into a creepy-ass criminal underworld... only the whole motivation to get there just didn't gel with me. I can do fantastic and surreal in films, that's all fine and dandy, but when it tries to act within the confines of a normal world, then I can't be fully behind it.

That reminds me, did you ever SEE Wanted? Jesus Christ. what the hell crack were the creators of that smoking?

I'll check Blue Velvet out tomorrow then, I'm curious to see what it's all about

That reminds me, did you ever SEE Wanted? Jesus Christ. what the hell crack were the creators of that smoking?

I'll check Blue Velvet out tomorrow then, I'm curious to see what it's all about

I did see Wanted. It came off as derivative of stuff like The Matrix and Fight Club (hell, even the rats with bombs reminded me of penguins with rockets from Batman Returns), like you said earlier, but I don't know if the comic came before all of that anyway. I liked it for the mindless action violence, little T&A from Angelina Jolie, and Morgan Freeman saying "motherfucker," but it wasn't anything mindblowing, you know? I'm glad I saw it in a theater, if I was glad to see it at all.

I did see Wanted. It came off as derivative, like you said earlier, but I don't know if the comic came before all of that anyway. I liked it for the mindless action violence, little T&A from Angelina Jolie, and Morgan Freeman saying "motherfucker," but it wasn't anything mindblowing, you know? I'm glad I saw it in a theater, if I was glad to see it at all.

I didn't mean to mention it again, except to see if you did go, and that I didn't like that feeling like you were saying about Blue Velvet, the way they were trying to make everything that happened in Wanted possible. Oh please.

But I laughed long and hard when Morgan Freeman said "Motherfucker." It was the shining moment :lmao:

I didn't mean to mention it again, except to see if you did go, and that I didn't like that feeling like you were saying about Blue Velvet, the way they were trying to make everything that happened in Wanted possible. Oh please.

But I laughed long and hard when Morgan Freeman said "Motherfucker." It was the shining moment :lmao:

The difference between Wanted and Blue Velvet is that I knew the former was supposed to be fuck-all crazy and could accept it. The only part of Blue Velvet that didn't work for me was the "kids have nothing else to do but break into a woman's apartment to know more" angle... that's just fucking stupid, and happens to be the entrance into the general storyline. Fantastic. Maybe my brain's supposed to operate on a different plane of existence during a Lynch film or something, who knows?

2073luh.gif

The difference between Wanted and Blue Velvet is that I knew the former was supposed to be fuck-all crazy and could accept it. The only part of Blue Velvet that didn't work for me was the "kids have nothing else to do but break into a woman's apartment to know more" angle... that's just fucking stupid, and happens to be the entrance into the general storyline.

Ooooh, I see what you're saying.

Jimmy Stewart :lmao: I have never seen It's A Wonderful Life (I know wht'as the matter with me? :shrug: ) and Rear Window didn't give me a real look at him, but this is every single impression of him I've ever seen come to life.

Well, YLB, the follow up would be:

Not in the mood? Mood's a thing for cattle and loveplay, not fighting!

But I quoted that already, so that means we're done.

With Dune.

And so:

"Stand by to receive our transmission"

Fine by me.

Do you agree with my Blue Velvet assessment?

You were quoting a movie?

We've been quoting Dune back and forth for about 45 minutes now. Not too many people have seen it, and the ones that have likely hate it. I love it, though.

I'm now switching to another film we both love.

YLB, yes, your assessment seemed dead-on. I've not seen it in a long time, though......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom