Shitlington Crags, Northumberland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cycle of Khan:

capture022fo6.jpg

capture023fc6.jpg

capture024ry8.jpg

capture025bo2.jpg

Oh, fucking :lol: :bow::laugh::lmao:

Dalton :love:

i'm not lmp, but i'm still backing you up. i know personally, i'd rather someone tell me the good and the bad. you think my playlist is diverse, thanks, please tell me so. but if the flow sucks, i'd want to know that too so i could work on it next time, instead of thinking my playlists are awesome.

The flow? What the fuck are you talking about?

i'm not lmp, but i'm still backing you up. i know personally, i'd rather someone tell me the good and the bad. you think my playlist is diverse, thanks, please tell me so. but if the flow sucks, i'd want to know that too so i could work on it next time, instead of thinking my playlists are awesome.

Plus it's rather confusing when somebody says "yeah, I liked this, this, and this ... so I'm voting for the other person".

:hi5:

1. This is all well and good, but it's not how your "criticisms" come across at all. LMP can back me up on this one. Often times, you simply pick and choose the two or three things about the list, shine it in the best light possible, and move along. That's not constructive criticism. There's a difference between seeing the good in someone and patting them on the head in spite of themselves.

I could and may very well be wrong about this thought but shouldn't we make people feel good even if the things in their list that made you feel good are pretty small? Shouldn't you praise someone for even the littlest of thing? Am I wrong?

I could and may very well be wrong about this thought but shouldn't we make people feel good even if the things in their list that made you feel good are pretty small? Shouldn't you praise someone for even the littlest of thing? Am I wrong?

/un-shun

Yes. I think you owe it to them to at least give them constructive criticism if you want it fair and balanced.

/re-shun

Yes, you should praise the person for what they do right. This is an important part of any good critique. I did the same with you.

But then there's everything else. The bad shouldn't be looked over simply because it makes the person rethink what they're doing. If anything, *GASP* that's the very reason they should hear the negatives! I'm 99% positive of this.

To play devil's advocate, (which isn't hard as some of you probably think I am the devil :wink: ) isn't one of the biggest problems about Desert Island the criticisms that drive people away from the game?

To play devil's advocate, (which isn't hard as some of you probably think I am the devil :wink: ) isn't one of the biggest problems about Desert Island the criticisms that drive people away from the game?

/un-shun

No. Ridiculous criticisms, like having an optional concept or not, keep people from wanting to participate.

/re-shun

Wow, that seemed a little over the top.
isn't that how i always am, though?

nah, as lumpy said, it's just when people go over-the-top or have high expectations or whatever that would drive people away. telling someone they need to work on a part of their list isn't bad, although someone being overly harsh about it, that might.

Okay, so there's a plan for playing a Star Wars drinking game this coming Monday night, and I was just looking over the drinking cues list:

• Someone has a bad feeling about this.
  • It's their only hope.
  • It is Luke's destiny.
  • Luke whines.
  • Luke refuses to take someone's advice
  • Luke yells "Artooooo!"
  • Leia insults somebody.

That's just a handful, but I imagine were gonna be getting drunk pretty fast :lol:

Okay, so there's a plan for playing a Star Wars drinking game this coming Monday night, and I was just looking over the drinking cues list:

• Someone has a bad feeling about this.
  • It's their only hope.
  • It is Luke's destiny.
  • Luke whines.
  • Luke refuses to take someone's advice
  • Luke yells "Artooooo!"
  • Leia insults somebody.

That's just a handful, but I imagine were gonna be getting drunk pretty fast :lol:

Luke whining alone will get you shitfaced in 30 minutes.

Or having too many greatest hits. Or having too many soundtrack songs. Well it goes on.

I agree with you but I do think the smaller criticisms have an effect as well.

/un-shun

Yeah, but not when it's made the central issue... or comes off as hypocritical.

/re-shun

Hey, whoever suggested that I listen to M83 (LMP?): great suggestion. I'm rather enjoying the album Dead Cities, Red Seas, And Lost Ghosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom